Slider Revolution Goes Black Between Poster Image and Vimeo

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Slider Revolution Goes Black Between Poster Image and Vimeo

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Slider Revolution Goes Black Between Poster Image and Vimeo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

Slider was working perfectly until recently, where a gap between the Poster Image and the Vimeo Video Layer began showing on the first loop. Following the first time running through the slides, the black frames disappear.

I don’t know if this is an issue with Vimeo or the Slider Revolution WordPress Plugin. I’ve tried it on two different servers, both of which were initially working fine, but now show the issue. The videos don’t have black frames in the beginning and they’re the same videos that were working fine before. Please advise.

Link to site and issue pasted below.

Hi @Mr. Wonderful,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared site on Chrome but didn’t see the issue on it.

Could you please share me the screenshot of the issue?

Also this can be browser specific so please test it using different browser.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

I’ve shared a Dropbox link privately that illustrates the issue, visible in Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88).

You’ll see the briefly, between the poster image and the Vimeo video layer, the screen will go black and then fade-in the video. This only happens on the first run-through. The second time users loop through the slides, there is no black and the carousel works as expected.

I could confirm the issue on your site.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

Thank you. Please see the access credentials sent privately.

While you’re troubleshooting, we’d also like to ensure that once the Vimeo videos end, it automatically advances to the next slide’s poster image rather than looping the previous slide’s video. I understand there are settings that listen for the video stop event and advance to the next slide when it fires. This doesn’t appear to be functioning properly at the moment.

Thank you for sharing the site credentials.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Jevelin theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue.

Also please update your theme to the below latest version.

Please login to access this file

Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I’ve updated the theme to Jevelin Beta 2.7.0 and disabled the child theme. I also updated the Slider Revolution Plugin to Version 5.4.6.4. Upon clearing browser cache, I can confirm these recommendations haven’t fixed the issue.

Your site credentials are still active to help troubleshoot the issue of the black frames between the poster image and Vimeo videos. I’m also noticing the new version of Slider Revolution plugin now shows the Vimeo controls for the video layers, which should not show.

Please let me know if you need any further information to help troubleshoot and resolve this matter.

Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

Please note that this issue still persists on our sandbox/development server, as well. I’ve switched the theme back to Jevelin-Child on production, but you’re welcome to log-in to the development server to troubleshoot the carousel issue. Credentials included below.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response, some of our support moderators are on vacation.

We can see that Revolution Slider is up to date, so there shouldn’t be any notice about updates.

Regarding to black screen issue, looks like that is how it works in Vimeo itself, when video isn’t loaded in Vimeo it shows black background (we can see it very well when in mobile rendering we used to emulate low end device). Also at the moment we couldn’t find any option in Revolution Slider to improve/change it.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Mr. Wonderful
    Participant

I’m not certain why it was working fine until two weeks ago until it suddenly started showing black frames between the poster image and the Vimeo.

• Are you able to reproduce this issue yourself?
    • Would you mind reaching out to ThemePunch/Envato/Slider Revolution to see what changed and how they can resolve the issue?
    • Do you think the issue was created by a change to how Vimeo streams their videos?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Shufflehound

Yes, we can reproduce it.

Can you please try this CSS snippet bellow (you can use it by adding it here – Admin Dashboard -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code ):

.fullcoveredvideo audio, .fullscreenvideo audio .fullcoveredvideo video, .fullscreenvideo video {
        background: transparent!important;
    }

Let us know if it improves your issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)