some author posts missing when you search

Home Forums Gillion Theme some author posts missing when you search

Home Forums Gillion Theme some author posts missing when you search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • savethecat
    Participant

hi.. when you search on the site for author name, not all posts appear that are written by that author. For example, Jennifer Zhang has 9 posts, only 6 appear in WordPress search results including posts written by others (which if course mention the author name in it). Don Roff has 33 only 14 appear. The missing posts are all published, none are in uncategorized. The categories of the missing posts are also used by some that do appear..

example of post in search results: https://savethecat.com/success-stories/3-indie-tips-from-the-writerproducer-of-dead-inside

example of post that does not appear in search results: https://savethecat.com/beat-sheets/downloadable-beat-by-beat-comparison-of-6-disney-animated-classics

You will see that both posts are written by the same author.

I dont see any search options in the theme settings, so any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Hi @savethecat,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme does not search any post by author name.

Are you using any search plugin to achieve this or does the author name also appear in post content?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

savethecat
    Participant

Hi, no we’re using the native wordpress search function. I guess we need to install a plugin that does that.. I’m surprised the theme doesnt though, i mean all posts have the author name tagged, so i guess i dont understand why that is.

Solution for this topic

As said above by default, not any theme searches any post by author name.

savethecat
    Participant

ok thank you. You can close this.

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)