Special post content - Sidebar and header

Home Forums Gillion Theme Special post content – Sidebar and header

Home Forums Gillion Theme Special post content – Sidebar and header

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Morfar
    Participant

Hello

I just bought this Gillion theme, and i have a huge problem. I have a food recipe blog, and use the plugin WP ultimate Recipe Premium. When i create a new recipe and publish it, then it not looks like a normal blog post, but instead it is a custom post content. The problem is now, that on these pages, i can’t get a sidebar on, and the header do not looks like rest of the website.

What can i do?
    This is really urgent for my blog to work correctly…

Hi @Morfar,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Do you mean the single recipe page as following?

http://yoursite.dk/recipe/bagt-blomkaal-og-soedkartoffel/

If yes then exactly how do you want it to display?

As we are not familiar with WP ultimate Recipe plugin so would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able to see it.”?

Also could you please contact WP ultimate Recipe plugin support to know why this is happening?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Morfar
    Participant

Thanks for answer.

Yes, thats the link. I want it to look like the rest of the website. With Sidebar and header with logo and menu in center.

I worked a bit on it, and i was able to figure out, that the unyson is the problem.

If i deactivate unyson, then logo and everything disappear, but the sidebar is there.

Should i use unyson for gillion to work properly??

And exactly, what does Unyson?

Morfar
    Participant

I get it. Unyson is offcourse the framework, and is needed.

And i forgot the log in information.

Yes the Unyson plugin is required but you can disable its extensions if you are not using them as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thank you for sharing site credentials.

I logged into your site and saw the blog posts on your site uses same URL structure as recipe so have you modified it or the recipe plugin changed it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Morfar
    Participant

I tried to disable all extensions, but that doesn’t help.

I don’t understand what you mean about that, because the recipes uses this URL http://morfarsgrill.dk/recipe/nakkekotelet-med-tomat-ost-og-bacon/

And the blog post don’t have /recipe/ in the URL.

But that /recipe/ url comes from the recipe plugin.

Please see the attached screenshot that the blog post is also having recipe in its URL.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Morfar
    Participant

oh i see what you mean.

If i create a blog post (Unison calls it a blog post, i guess). Then it looks like this link: http://morfarsgrill.dk/drop-foliebakkerne/

But i i create a recipe, it is published like the url you sent. And Google said, that is because recipes is created as a custom post type instead of an ordinary blog post.

So my real problem is, that the custom post types (Recipes) doesn’t get the same style as a blog post.

Do you see what i mean? 🙂

So my real problem is, that the custom post types (Recipes) doesn’t get the same style as a blog post.

No it won’t automatically and you have to develop custom code to achieve it.

Morfar
    Participant

Okay. So there is not any other ways to do it?

Is there a guide for that custom code?

Not any special guide for it but you can refer the below theme template hierarchy to know which template file to create.

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)