Square thimbnails (1:1 image ratio)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Square thimbnails (1:1 image ratio)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Square thimbnails (1:1 image ratio)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • MICHALbloger
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to change ratio of my image thumbnails in Gillion Theme and not sure what to do it best. I see some of them are coded as img background and some of them not. Could you, please, help me?

This is what I’m trying to do:

My website is https://tabliczni.pl. There are widgets on the right sidebar. I want all the thumbnails to be 1:1 ratio instead of horizontal. I have tried to change it by using height value in custom CSS:

<div>div.sh-widget-posts-slider-init.slick-initialized.slick-slider > div > div > div.sh-widget-posts-slider-item.sh-widget-posts-slider-item-large.sh-widget-posts-slider-style1.sh-widget-posts-categories-item.slick-slide.slick-current.slick-active > div.post-thumbnail > img {</div>
    <div>object-fit: cover;</div>
    <div>object-position: 50% 50%;</div>
    <div>height: 380px;</div>
    <div>}</div>

however the width changes over screen size then I have no idea how to automate height to reach always 1:1 ratio.

There is also a section with a vertical widget at the bottom of my website (called “Topowe kategorie”/”Top categories”). I’d like to have it in square as well. Also I’d like to get rid of info about author, date etc. and leave article title only. Is that possible?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @MICHALbloger,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I’d like to change ratio of my image thumbnails in Gillion Theme and not sure what to do it best. I see some of them are coded as img background and some of them not. Could you, please, help me?

There is also a section with a vertical widget at the bottom of my website (called “Topowe kategorie”/”Top categories”). I’d like to have it in square as well.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of the Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/19470306/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Also I’d like to get rid of info about author, date etc. and leave article title only. Is that possible?

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-categories .tab-content .post-style-cover .post-meta {
        display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)