Style.css Changes in 5.8.2 Messing up my custom CSS styling.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Style.css Changes in 5.8.2 Messing up my custom CSS styling.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Style.css Changes in 5.8.2 Messing up my custom CSS styling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • ftahumour
    Participant

Hello, it seems that with the recent theme update some parameters in CSS have been changed, one of which is having an effect on custom CSS changes applied on my site.

It’s unclear why this particular change would have been made or if it is significant for another reason?

the element concerned is:

.woocommerce form.checkout_coupon,.woocommerce form.login{padding:0!important;

It’s being loaded from: wp-content/themes/jevelin/style.css?ver=5.8.2

With “Padding: 0!important” set my login page form customisation is messed up (Capture 1), with the value switched off my form customisation is displayed as expected (Capture2).

My questions are:

1. Is this value significant, and why?
    2. Can I remove the padding parameter?
    3. How can I remove it given that its loaded from the theme stylesheet with the “! important” declaration?
    4. If I delete the value from the stylesheet directly (line 13385), then this is likely reverted in a future theme update?

Assistance is appreciated.

Regards

George

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We don’t quite remember the importance of this CSS, but we just looked in an update that was created 2 years ago and this CSS style was there, so it looks like this change isn’t too recent.

You can easily rewrite it if needed. Just add this custom CSS in the theme settings (change padding size as needed).

body .woocommerce form.checkout_coupon,
    body .woocommerce form.login {
        padding: 30px!important;
    }
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Shufflehound.

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion, but I do not want to change the parameter, I want to remove the padding parameter completely, so then my form customisation is displayed properly.

Very strange that you say this parameter has been in the theme for a long time. I had the Woocommerce customer login/register (/my-account) page customised with CSS earlier in 2021 to suit the styling I wanted and that was working fine for most of the year until very recently. No recent plugins have been added either.

What I don’t know how to do is to remove the padding parameter when it has the !important declaration added to it.

Shufflehound

We can understood your issue, but at the moment the only good solution we can offer to you would be to use that custom CSS snippet.

It won’t remove it, but you can override it to your previous modified values, so in the end it would look the same as before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)