Theme Global Font Missing - Backend Options Blank

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Theme Global Font Missing – Backend Options Blank

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Theme Global Font Missing – Backend Options Blank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I just noticed that my site has defaulted to what looks like Arial font. \upon checking, the Backend Styling options are completely missing any font entry (used to be the default theme font). Attempting to select a font from the input field, looks like it’s attempting to do something but no dropdown appears and no selection can be made.

I’m not sure when this occurred or why, the site has been doing its thing for a few months without many hiccups. Perhaps it was an update that caused this?

In any case, I’m not sure how I can recover the functionality at a global level. Any assistance in starting to troubleshoot what has occurred would be welcome.

AFAIK I’m still on the Unison framework, not sure if this is significant or not.

Regards

George

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

This issue is due to Unyson framework not being well maintained anymore.

If you are not using Unyson page builder then the best way to avoid such issues in the future would be to migrate to the Redux framework (under Admin dashboard > Jevelin (left side) > Framework Upgrade)

Otherwise you can try our latest beta version below:

Please login to access this file

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for the prompt response.

If there are no consequences for the site/theme health migrating to Redux then I’m happy to do it.

When I first noticed about the framework upgrade it was a beta and your documentation states that it was experimental. Because of this and because my site is live and the only instance, I chose not to risk it and wait until that change matures.

Would you be kind enough to point me to a checklist or documentation I must go through to upgrade?

Regards

George

Shufflehound

If you don’t use Unyson page builder and use the WPBakery page builder then it should be fine, just make sure that you have a recent theme update (newest stable version is 5.3.2 or beta 5.3.3).

Steps:

1. To be extra sure you can create a backup of your website
    2. Then go to the Framework Upgrade and follow the steps
      1. Install/activate Redux framework plugin
      2. Choose full migration
      3. Remove the Unyson framework plugin
    3. Done

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

seems pretty straightforward, however, according to the framework upgrade page “the plugin” is installed (Redux?), but I cannot see “Redux” anywhere in the plugins list. See attached screenshot of the current upgrade status. The theme is on v 5.3.3.

Looking for “Redux framework” leads me to = https://extendify.com/pricing/?utm_source=redux&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=redux-redirect

Is this what I need? I’m not certain if this prerequisite is a separate task or part of the upgrade workflow and happens transparently to me.

Also, I was asked to install Elementor at a point in time, I don’t recall the specifics but I think it came through as a Jevelin requirement/recommendation.

I don’t use Unyson or Elementor, so have no specific need for them.

Happy to proceed once clarified on the Redux prerequisite component.

Regards

George

Attachments:

ftahumour
    Participant

So I found the plugin and went ahead with the upgrade.

Looks like quite a few elements on my home page as well as probably other pages are now not being rendered or have their layout completely messed up. So I guess Unyson was in use to place content and elements in more places than I was aware.

I had to revert to the backup to restore the look and feel. What are my options here?

I want to migrate but it looks like I have to review and rebuild a lot of my pages with the WPBakery layout editor, before I can upgrade so I know I have something already in place to take over once upgraded. This could take a while.

Any recommendations on the approach? I have left the theme’s “shop” layout mostly intact and it looks like it was heavily utilizing Unyson. Deactivating that plugin pretty much removes all layout settings and leaves the content residing on a blank page. Not a good look.

Regards

George

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Unfortunately we don’t have a solution or that.

Most WPBakery page builder elements works about the same as in the Unyson page builder (similar options and elements), that should make it a little bit easier to migrate to it.

Also if you had installed a demo content before (as a base for your website), you can install WPBakery page builder made demo content to make it even easier.

By the way we attached a screenshot below on how you can tell if the page is built by Unyson.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Attachments:

ftahumour
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Can you please clarify one statement for me, I quote it below…

“Also if you had installed a demo content before (as a base for your website), you can install WPBakery page builder made demo content to make it even easier.”

What is the impact of doing this? Any customizations that may have been made from the base are likely to be overwritten in this scenario?

Regards

George

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sure, the only thing that should be overwritten is the theme settings, but you could easily export and then import back the old settings (when using Redux framework). Other than that you will have some new posts, pages and images.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)