Theme update

Home Forums Gillion Theme Theme update

Home Forums Gillion Theme Theme update

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • juniormartian
    Participant

After updating the theme, the search field is giving error. What is happening?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @juniormartian,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is happening so that I can help you?

Also would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

This is happening on your shared site because your site home page contains slider javascript only which is displaying in the search results.

To resolve the issue please try adding excerpt text manually in the excerpt field of your site home page.

Please find more information about it in the following pages.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/add-excerpts-to-your-pages-in-wordpress/

http://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/excerpt/

juniormartian
    Participant

When I do a search on my site it gives this error. What can it be?

Attachments:

I have already answered you in my above reply so have you tried adding excerpts?

juniormartian
    Participant

This error is happening when I do a search on my site.
    What you asked me to do is put the code from (add_post_type_support (‘page’, ‘excerpt’);). That’s right?

I want you to add text in the excerpt field of pages as described in the below page where you are getting that output.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/excerpt/

juniormartian
    Participant

In all the posts?

No. Only for the posts where the javascript code is displaying as shown in your shared screenshots.

juniormartian
    Participant

Do I need to do this in all posts? And the pages?

Attachments:

No. Only for the posts and pages where the javascript code is displaying as shown in your shared screenshots.

juniormartian
    Participant

As I placed (— more —) in my posts, now all my contents are with the reading in 1 minute, how do I disable or correct it?

Attachments:

You have to remove (— more —) from the posts or add it after some more content or you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

juniormartian
    Participant

But notices previous tickets, you told me to put the tar (— more —) because when the user does a search on the website of this error.

Attachments:

juniormartian
    Participant

I tried to change this option and it did not work either. What is iso used for?

Attachments:

juniormartian
    Participant

I already discovered the error, in the created pages it does not bring in the searches, in the search it only brings the posts. I believe that is it. Do I get by (–more–) in pages?

But notices previous tickets, you told me to put the tar (— more —) because when the user does a search on the website of this error.

I am not sure which ticket you are referring to so could you please share me the ticket URL?

I tried to change this option and it did not work either. What is iso used for?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)