Various issues (desktop & mobile)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Various issues (desktop & mobile)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Various issues (desktop & mobile)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • tommasodb
    Participant

Hi guys, I like the theme but haven’t figure out a few issues. The website where I installed it is this: http://www.theworldanvil.com

1) I’m using the side navigation 6 header (I like 7 better but it missed the Cart…). Some internal categories pages stubbornly keeps using Header 1. I do not know how to foce the Header I want on all posts and pages. These are dinamically created, so I can’t do it page by page.

2) Website search at the top doesn’t seem to work. Try for example to search for the latest post i wrote (keyword “modena”). The site keeps hanging and nothing happens. Why?

3) Unyson Blog plugin seems to work only if I set no category as filter. See bottom of this page: if I leave the filter empty it works, any category I put results in nothing appearing. Not sure why.

4) I’m testing the site on an iPhone 6s and iPad. Both mobile versions have huuuge blank spaces on top of any page just after the header. How do I fix that? I see there’s a “Custom mobile padding” setting but any number I pu there doesn’t seem to cut it.

Any help is apprecciated. Thanks!

Solution for this topic

Hi @tommasodb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) I’m using the side navigation 6 header (I like 7 better but it missed the Cart…). Some internal categories pages stubbornly keeps using Header 1. I do not know how to foce the Header I want on all posts and pages. These are dinamically created, so I can’t do it page by page.

I visited your shared site and it seems you are using older version 2.2.3 of Jevelin theme could you please try using latest version 2.2.4 of theme?

2) Website search at the top doesn’t seem to work. Try for example to search for the latest post i wrote (keyword “modena”). The site keeps hanging and nothing happens. Why?

I could confirm the issue on your site but it is working fine on my test site using latest version of theme.

Please test it using latest version of theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Also try temporary disabling page loader as displayed in the attached screenshot.

3) Unyson Blog plugin seems to work only if I set no category as filter. See bottom of this page: if I leave the filter empty it works, any category I put results in nothing appearing. Not sure why.

Could you please reproduce the issue on your site so that i can troubleshoot it?

4) I’m testing the site on an iPhone 6s and iPad. Both mobile versions have huuuge blank spaces on top of any page just after the header. How do I fix that? I see there’s a “Custom mobile padding” setting but any number I pu there doesn’t seem to cut it.

Not sure why it it appearing on your site but you can remove this space by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

header.primary-mobile {
        height: auto !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tommasodb
    Participant

Hi there, thanks for the replies. So:

1) Version 2.2.3 is the latest available on Envato. Also if I try to update from within wordpress it says everything is up to date. Where do I get 2.2.4?

2) Disabling page loader did it. Just to understand, what is page loader doing usually?

3) This is fixed. I had two categories called the same (one fro English, one for Italian, not the best choice). It was simply trying to fetch the wrong language.

4) This fixes it. Do you think I should be able to remove it when new versions of the theme are installed?

Thanks!

1) Version 2.2.3 is the latest available on Envato. Also if I try to update from within wordpress it says everything is up to date. Where do I get 2.2.4?

It will be updated on Envato soon.

In the meanwhile you can get it from http://support.shufflehound.com/download/jevelin-beta/

2) Disabling page loader did it. Just to understand, what is page loader

doing usually?

The page loader displays until all the website assets like javascript, css, images etc. loads completely.  It seems on your site site something is not loading completely therefore the loader gets displayed infinitely.

tommasodb
    Participant
    1. Done. The Header changing when entering a category page seems to be still there. Check Home Page and then this internal page for reference: http://www.theworldanvil.com/category/roll-again/

Also, is there a way to make top level menu item clickable with Header 6? See “Progetti”. With Header 6 it opens only the subitems, with Header 1 “Progetti” itself is clickable.

2. Uhm ok. Is there a way for me to find out what it is? Should I try disabling plugins one by one?

3. Minor issue: blog and store items on the home page have a weird extra space on the left from mobile. What could it be? (check homepage at the bottom, I’ll send an attachment too)

Thanks,

Attachments:

tommasodb
    Participant

The Search thing has something to do with Visual Composer, which was used by the previous theme. I could deactivate it but some posts need to be fixed manually. Will do over time.

Done. The Header changing when entering a category page seems to be still there. Check Home Page and then this internal page for reference: http://www.theworldanvil.com/category/roll-again/

We are troubleshooting the issue and will update you ASAP.

Also, is there a way to make top level menu item clickable with Header 6? See “Progetti”. With Header 6 it opens only the subitems, with Header 1 “Progetti” itself is clickable.

Header 6 works like header 1 works on mobile devices that is only sub items are clickable. You have to develop custom code to make parent item clickable.

We will make it work and implement it in the future version of theme.

2. Uhm ok. Is there a way for me to find out what it is? Should I try disabling plugins one by one?

Yes try disabling plugins one by one.

3. Minor issue: blog and store items on the home page have a weird extra space on the left from mobile. What could it be? (check homepage at the bottom, I’ll send an attachment too)

I don’t see that issue as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please tell me on what screen size it is appearing by testing it on www.responsinator.com ?

Attachments:

tommasodb
    Participant

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Did you try to adjust mobile column padding /margin? It could also solve your issue.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

tommasodb
    Participant

Yep, I’m currently using 0px 15px 0px 0px but doesn’t seem to fix that.

Shufflehound

Please try this CSS snippet bellow:

.sh-recent-posts {
    padding-right: 5px;
    }

Let us know if that works.

tommasodb
    Participant

No change. But when I try to drag one article it does show the right spacing on the left, not sure if that’s intended behaviour.

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Sorry for that. Can you send us your login data, so we can help you faster?

tommasodb
    Participant

Ok, is there any way to do that privately? Not super comfortable putting them in a public forum.

Shufflehound

Yes, of course, you shouldn’t share you private data publicly.

Therefore we just added a new private field where you can add your login information and only you and forum moderators will able to see it. 🙂

tommasodb
    Participant

Oh sorry for that, I didn’t notice. Added user and pass. Let me know if it works as intended.

Shufflehound

Solution for this topic

Thank you for your login data.

Looks like after last CSS snippet we just needed to set column mobile padding and margin to 0px 0px 0px 0px and it solved this issue.

Can you confirm that? 🙂

tommasodb
    Participant

That did it. Thanks! I don’t have other questions for now, if something comes up I’ll open a new thread.

Cheers!

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)