Video black bars in Safari

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Video black bars in Safari

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Video black bars in Safari

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • cmurockstar
    Participant

On my website, i have a video auto playing on load. It looks great in Chrome and Firefox, but on Safari i get black bars on the left and right side…. any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @cmurockstar,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Your shared site is not accessible for me and displaying the error message “This site can’t be reached” so please make sure it is accessible for me.

Also please share the screenshot of the issue and make sure you are using latest version of Safari.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cmurockstar
    Participant

I am not sure why it is unreachable. I can reach it at my home network and at off-site networks as well.  We host with site-ground, not sure if that is causing a problem with your ISP?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

It seems general issue not specific to theme which you can resolve using the solutions shared in the following topics.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9128334/removing-the-black-bar-on-top-and-bottom-of-html5-videos-in-chrome-and-safari-br

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11849809/how-do-i-make-the-black-bars-on-the-side-of-an-html5-video-on-ipad-disappear

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.rev_slider .tp-mask-wrap video {
        height: auto !important;
    }

cmurockstar
    Participant

Thanks for the fix… when i made that change, the result was a cut off visual in safari.

Why would the sizing be correct in Firefox or Chrome but not Safari?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Every browser uses different rendering to show everything in frontend, so there could be a small differences in each browser.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)