Woocommerce checkout placeholder bug

Home Forums Gillion Theme Woocommerce checkout placeholder bug

Home Forums Gillion Theme Woocommerce checkout placeholder bug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • nicolaivarney
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound,

Sorry to bother you again so soon.

I have a bad experience with Woocommerce and Gillion at the moment. It seems that there’s a bug with placeholder and label, when you try to customize the label fields in checkout.

It all startet when I tried customizing checkout fields with woocommerces own guidance (https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/tutorial-customising-checkout-fields-using-actions-and-filters/).

Suddently the placeholder and label is completly gone, and I have tried the whole day to get it back. I used a few codes in function.css, which is completly removed again, but the bug is still there. I have now installed woocommerce owns checkout customizer plugin, but something in Gillion keeps overwriting afterwards..

I have removed all plugins, with no results. But when i switch to another theme than gillion, the bug is resolved.. So i’m pretty sure it’s gillion theme that overrules something.

The objective experience: When I refresh my checkout page, I see the placeholders for just 1 second (first name, last name, and so on), but when payment loads after the first second, all placeholders disappear..

I hope you can replay the issue on site, and maybe have a solution..

best regards

Nicolai

Hi Nicolai,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I could confirm the issue on my test site as displayed in the attached screenshot therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.gillion-woocommerce .woocommerce .woocommerce-billing-fields .form-row label,
    .gillion-woocommerce .woocommerce-additional-fields h3 {
        display: block;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

nicolaivarney
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound. When will there be an update for this? The CSS doesn’t help by the way, and i’m afraid im loosing potential customers, because the signup route is bugged.

So I wonder. When will this be updated? 🙂

The theme version having fix for this issue will be released soon but we don’t have any exact ETA now.

I logged into your site and found the CSS was not working on your site due to CSS specificity issue so I changed the CSS code as following on your site and it started working displaying labels for the fields.

.gillion-woocommerce .woocommerce .woocommerce-billing-fields .form-row label,
    .gillion-woocommerce .woocommerce-additional-fields h3 {
        display: block !important;
    }

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)