wpForo issue from the latest Gillion update

Home Forums Gillion Theme wpForo issue from the latest Gillion update

Home Forums Gillion Theme wpForo issue from the latest Gillion update

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • zelldi
    Participant

Hello guys,

since the last Gillion update, my users and I have been experiencing a big problem with the wpForo plugin in the past few days. Suddenly, we are not able to reply to any thread nor to reply to existent topics. The wpForo support guys told me it is due to “some change in your website which disabled the topic tag auto-search JS lib“.

And actually, in the Debug Page, the Gillion name comes up:

Error Log File: /home/omniacry/public_html/error_log

• #7 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic in /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers_extended.php on line 18
    • #6 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/class-template.php(298): wp_editor(”, ‘postbody’, Array)
    • #5 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(3116): _WP_Editors::editor(”, ‘postbody’, Array)
    • #4 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php(296): _WP_Editors::editor_settings(‘postbody’, Array)
    • #3 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php(706): apply_filters(‘tiny_mce_before…’, Array, ‘postbody’)
    • #2 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
    • #1 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): gillion_tiny_mce_styling(Array)
    • #0 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers_extended.php(1239): gillion_is_gutenberg_page()
    • Stack trace:
    • [24-Jan-2019 18:50:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_current_screen() in /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers_extended.php:18
    • #7 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic in /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers_extended.php on line 18
    • #6 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/class-template.php(298): wp_editor(”, ‘postbody’, Array)
    • #5 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(3116): _WP_Editors::editor(”, ‘postbody’, Array)
    • #4 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php(296): _WP_Editors::editor_settings(‘postbody’, Array)
    • #3 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php(706): apply_filters(‘tiny_mce_before…’, Array, ‘postbody’)
    • #2 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
    • #1 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): gillion_tiny_mce_styling(Array)
    • #0 /home/omniacry/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/helpers_extended.php(1239): gillion_is_gutenberg_page()

Are you able to solve this? I have paid both for Gillion (a theme that I love) and for the wpForo addons, so I don’t wanna give up one or another because of them conflicting with each other. 🙁 Thank you…

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by zelldi.

zelldi
    Participant

Latest update:

I rolled back to the previous theme version and the wpForo issue was resolved. Still, I’d like to update Gillion from 3.0.1. to 3.1.0. without compromising the forum…

wpForo support told me: “Contact to the theme developer and let them know that the new update disables WordPress core jQuery Suggest lib. This is used in wpForo for tags autocomplete field.”

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by zelldi.

Hi @zelldi,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I have notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

zelldi
    Participant

Thank you very much, I’m looking forward to a solution! 🙂

Stefano

You are most welcome here 🙂

EliMat89SH
    Participant

Hi guys, hope your all doing well. I just wanted to know if there has been a solution to this problem? since I’m having the same issue with 5 of my sites and I see this was posted almost 3 weeks ago?

Thank you.

The updated theme containing the fix for the issue will be released soon.

EliMat89SH
    Participant

Thank you for the response, you guys are A++. that’s why I recommend your theme to people.

Thank you for your kind words.

zelldi
    Participant

I thought the bug had been solved with update 3.1.1, but unfortunately it hasn’t been solved yet…

I installed the update but had to to roll back to version 3.0.1 once again.

No, it is not resolved in this version but will be in the next version.

We will notify you here after resolving it in the theme.

zelldi
    Participant

Is it the 3.1.2? I’m asking before updating. 🙂

Thanks!

No, it is not.

It will be the next version and we will notify you here after updating it.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of the theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

zelldi
    Participant

Thank you so much! I’m gonna download it asap!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)