anchor links not working properly

Home Forums Jevelin Theme anchor links not working properly

Home Forums Jevelin Theme anchor links not working properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Elise_jansson
    Participant

Hi,

On my About page I have a “read our story” link which I wish would take the visitor down to the beginning of the first following paragraph.

So I added a <span id=”aboutUs”></span> link around the paragraph directly in the text block using the text editor, and then made the target for the link #aboutUs.

The anchor link is working but not when you first enter the about page or if you reload it. The page will scroll down but there seems to be a glitch in the middle. However, when you press the link after that, it scrolls smoothly.

Also, weirdly enough, the span tag that I created for the text block has now disappeared even though the anchor link is still working…not sure if that’s normal.

Not sure if this is in the scope of your support but would be grateful for help!

Thanks in advance.

Solution for this topic

Hi @Elise_jansson,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The span tag you have added is empty so it won’t display but exists in the HTML markup which is normal.

I have added following custom CSS code in your site theme settings to resolve the glitch but there will be a bit of glitch as it takes some time to load the images on the page and make the page having proper height.

span#aboutUs {
        position: absolute;
        top: -50px;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Elise_jansson
    Participant

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)