Anchors in Page Builder

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Anchors in Page Builder

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Anchors in Page Builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • cmurockstar
    Participant

Hello Shufflehound,

So i am (for good or bad) making fairly long pages/posts – detailing design process. How is it intended with the Visual Page Builder to introduce anchors so i can have links to parts of a page?

-Josh

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your question.

You can create anchor links in WordPress as described on the following pages.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/page-jumps/

http://www.wendycholbi.com/anchor-links-jump-links/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cmurockstar
    Participant

Right – but in the visual builder your theme supplies, there is no element called Anchor – so you are saying i would need to add a textbox for every anchor i want to place?

The visual builder doesn’t provide anchor element and you don’t need it.

You can use the link anchors in visual builder like normal links as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cmurockstar
    Participant

right – i get how to MAKE the link, but how do i reference the header element i added? By that i mean, does the header element already have an anchor associated with it?

The visual builder heading element doesn’t allow us to set ID so you can just add text block element near it containing the dummy markup that will have ID which the anchors will point to as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:

eventswestjohn
    Participant

I am using anchors in my main menu and when i click them the first time the page loads anchor scrolls past the text like attached image, how do i fix this, i have even entered a text cell and used the above method of adding a span id and it still loads past the span and the heading following.

I noticed that it also does this if i scroll all the way to the top of the page and click a link again.

Attachments:

@eventswestjohn To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)