Can I remove Unyson?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can I remove Unyson?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can I remove Unyson?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • cagross
    Participant

Hello. Is it OK to remove the Unyson plugin if I have not used it to build any of my pages? I have used WPBakery to build my pages, and plan to continue doing so in the future. Would there be any issues if I removed Unyson?

Thanks.

Solution for this topic

Hi @cagross,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Unyson plugin is required by the theme so you can’t deactivate it but you can deactivate all of its extensions including Unyson page builder extension.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cagross
    Participant

Hello,

Your reply is unclear to me.

>> The Unyson plugin is required by the theme so you can’t deactivate it but you can deactivate all of its extensions including Unyson page builder extension.

You’ve mentioned the “Unyson plugin,’ but also its “extension,” named “Unyson page builder.” I am unclear on the differences. Specifically, when I open Dashboard–>Plugins, there is an entry named “Unyson” (see attached screenshot). Is that the “Unyson plugin” you’ve referred to, or the “Unyson page builder extension” you’ve referred to, or something else? If you can be clear on that, it will go a long way towards my understanding of the situation.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Specifically, when I open Dashboard–>Plugins, there is an entry named “Unyson” (see attached screenshot). Is that the “Unyson plugin” you’ve referred to, or the “Unyson page builder extension” you’ve referred to, or something else?

What you have displayed in your shared screenshot is Unyson plugin which is required.

Please refer the attached screenshot where I am referring the Unyson plugin extensions that you can disable.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks, I understand to leave the plugin, but deactivate the extension. In addition to the ‘Page Builder’ extension, what other extensions can I safely deactivate?

All extensions you can deactivate if you are not using them.

If you are using Portfolio on your site then you have to activate the Portfolio extension.

cagross
    Participant

>> All extensions you can deactivate if you are not using them.

OK thanks.

Is there an easy way to determine whether I am “using” an extension on my site?  Or do I simply have to deactivate the extension, then check every page on my site to see if anything is broken?

You can just read the description of the extension and check whether you use that functionality on your site.

cagross
    Participant

>> You can just read the description of the extension and check whether you use that functionality on your site.

Rather than having to read each description and guess whether that feature is in use on my site, does the theme have an easy tool to tell me whether or not an extension is in use?  That is what I’m asking.  It’s OK if not–I’ll just deactivate all and see what breaks.

It is not.

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks for all that.  We can consider this resolved.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)