Categories of posts are not shown

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Categories of posts are not shown

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Categories of posts are not shown

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • PJ
    Participant

Dear support,

When I list all posts of a blog, the categories are not shown (see link and screenshot below). But they are all categorized…

How to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Jan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Jan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please temporarily clear and disable the Automptize and WP Super cache that you are using on your site so that I can troubleshoot it?

Please make sure that you are using below the latest version of the theme.

Please login to access this file

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

PJ
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound support,

Automptize and WP Super cache are disabled.

Latest theme version is installed.

<div>
    <div>WordPress version:</div>
    <div>5.2.4</div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    <div>
    <div>WordPress language:</div>
    <div>en-US</div>
    </div>
    <div>
    <div>Theme:</div>
    <div>Jevelin 4.5.1</div>
    </div>

Thanks for support.

PFA below a temporary login link.

Kind regards,

Jan

I could confirm the issue on your shared site but it is working fine for me on my test site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you tried deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

PJ
    Participant

Solution for this topic

You can close the ticket.

It was the plugin WP Glossary with the linkify settings (linkify widgets)…

Awesome great to see you got the culprit plugin found.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

PJ
    Participant

Dear Shuffelhound support,

Sorry for reopening the issue.

I get back to the plugin developer and he asked me to ask you the following:

On this page: https://chief-digital-officers.com/en/blog/ it shows excerpt of each article and not full content. This simply means that it will call only the_excerpt function in loop on this page and not the_content.

Now, suppose I add my script for some other purpose against the_content filter in my custom scripts, it shouldn’t impact this page as it use the_excerpt filter only, correct? But it hits my the_content based script for each article which doesn’t make sense. Now on this page, there are around 10 posts and my script is being called equally to that number. Can you please check and let me know why it happens.

On this page: https://chief-digital-officers.com/en/blog/ it shows excerpt of each article and not full content. This simply means that it will call only the_excerpt function in loop on this page and not the_content.

Now, suppose I add my script for some other purpose against the_content filter in my custom scripts, it shouldn’t impact this page as it use the_excerpt filter only, correct? But it hits my the_content based script for each article which doesn’t make sense. Now on this page, there are around 10 posts and my script is being called equally to that number. Can you please check and let me know why it happens.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Kind regards

The theme uses the_excerpt to display text excerpt on all non single post pages so I am not sure why the_content is called on that page for the plugin.

Could you please ask the plugin developer to troubleshoot it more by providing the below Jevelin theme?

Please login to access this file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)