Click Here To Assign Menu

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Click Here To Assign Menu

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Click Here To Assign Menu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • jburleson
    Participant

I have an issue with my site where the Top Menu always shows Click Here To Assign Menu’. No matter if I change the menu, update it under ‘Manage Locations’ or more I cannot get it to save. Is it a database issue like others have pointed out? How can I fix this?

https://www.collegetransitions.com/

Hi @jburleson,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Have you assigned the menu to it as shown in the attached screenshot?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jburleson
    Participant

Yes. Whenever I select any menu location for any menu, it let’s me update and save but then the radio boxes revert back to unselected.

Maybe it’s a database issue or permission problem? Also when I try doing the same thing through the live preview or Themes > Customize oprion, it saces the menu in the preview but when I close the preview window the menu still disappears and my logos and colors/styles revert to defaults.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by jburleson.

jburleson
    Participant

I also attempted to disable all plugins and then assign the menu but the results were the same. When I tried to assign it as you screenshotted, it let me select but then failed to save.

I can give you access to help troubleshoot if that would help.

This can be your WordPress site issue so to confirm it just temporary use the Twenty Seventeen theme on your site. If the issue still persists then it’s your site issue.

jburleson
    Participant

I was able to change the theme and change & save the menu. Once switching back to Jevelin it refuses to save. How can I solve this? Is it a database or permissions issue like you discovered on another user’s site in a previous thread? I already contacted my host (WpEngine) and they told me it was theme related.

In the meantime, is there a way to hard code the menu in place so my visitors don’t leave or get frustrated?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by jburleson.

How can I solve this? Is it a database or permissions issue like you discovered on another user’s site in a previous thread?

Could you please tell me which thread you are referring to?

I already contacted my host (WpEngine) and they told me it was theme related.

How did they identify that this is a theme issue?

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)