Confusion re. header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Confusion re. header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Confusion re. header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • MonologueHQ
    Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased Jevelin for a client and am in the process of populating it with content. However – I’m a little confused about the headers in the theme. I imported your ‘Accountant’ demo which is fine. But what is the best way to work with the headers? I understand that there’s 9+ pre-styled headers that can be activated (would have been good if you supplied some sort of visual reference to them all and named the templates within the theme accordingly) and I also realise that you have a ‘header builder’ which is like a page builder but for the header. So far so good. I’ve played around with both. My question is this – which of the three locations overrides the header? As far as I can tell, the header can be set in three various locations: at the bottom of a page under ‘Page Settings > Header’, in the ‘Appearance > Customise > Header’ section and in the ‘Appearance > Theme Settings > Header’ section – that’s three different sections and I’m not sure which one to use???

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @MonologueHQ,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The header template set on the below two locations are the same and are global options that control how the header will display on whole websites.

Appearance > Customise > Header

Appearance > Theme Settings > Header

You can use any of the above options.

If you want to change the header template for a specific page then you can change it from Page Settings > Header or else just leave it default.

You can see on the below demo website how each header template displays as shown in the attached screenshot.

https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

MonologueHQ
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. What about option 3 – the WPBakery header? Does this override the first two options, if used? Also – the attachment you sent doesn’t really help me to choose a header design. When I look in the development (see attached) area there’s the choice of 12 headers, in the attachment there’s only 9. How do I know what the various header designs look like?

Thanks.

Attachments:

Thank you for your reply. What about option 3 – the WPBakery header? Does this override the first two options, if used?

I said the header template which also includes the WPBakery header template.

It seems you didn’t understand my previous reply so I request you to reread it.

Also – the attachment you sent doesn’t really help me to choose a header design. When I look in the development (see attached) area there’s the choice of 12 headers, in the attachment there’s only 9. How do I know what the various header designs look like?

You can see the Nine pre-defined header designs by visiting the demo website as described above.

All remaining header templates are custom templates designed using WPBakery page builder so you have to use them to see how they display.

MonologueHQ
    Participant

But one option must override the others? See attached – I have ‘Sticky Logo Height’ set to 40 and 60 in two different locations. Which one will be used?

Attachments:

It should be updated in both the locations If you make changes in either of the option but I can see currently it is only getting updated from Appearance > Theme Settings

I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile, you can update it from Appearance > Theme Settings

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

MonologueHQ
    Participant

Thank you. I am using the Jevelin Child theme – can I continue to use that after I install this new 4.6.0?

Yes, you can use the child theme.

MonologueHQ
    Participant

Quick question – do I need to upload this through FTP?

You can but you don’t need to.

You can just update the theme as described on the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

MonologueHQ
    Participant

I tried to update it that way but I got an error message ‘Update failed – the theme is at its latest version’ View version 4.6.0 details.

Attachments:

It seems you are already using the latest version of the theme.

Are you using the latest version of the theme?

MonologueHQ
    Participant

I only updated the theme yesterday, because I got a notification about it. Up until then, I have not updated it.

Glad you could update it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)