Country not set correctly in checkout

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Country not set correctly in checkout

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Country not set correctly in checkout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • CBDFactum
    Participant

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue: The country is not set correctly in the “Country” field in the checkout process.

I have tried these options under <span style=”color: #339966;”>WooCommerce</span> -> <span style=”color: #339966;”>General</span> -> <span style=”color: #339966;”>Default Customer Location</span>:

• Geolocate
    • Geolocate (with page caching support)

Nothing helps [I deleted all cookies and the browser cache]. It always shows a totally different country.

Any idea what can it be?

Thx

Hi @CBDFactum,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly and also share the screenshot of the issue so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

CBDFactum
    Participant

Well, for this you have to do some steps:

1. https://cbdfactum.com
    2. You must be in a EU country as there is a limitation to EU countries for shipping and this limitation is applied also to the country selection drop down box.
    3. Register first with a valid email address as it is verified.
    4. Put at least one product into shopping cart.
    5. When you go to checkout it is a lottery which country is preset.

In the first post I write which option is set.

Kind regards,

I can see you are using older version of the theme on your shared site so please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

If the issue still persists then to confirm whether this is a theme issue, just temporary use the Twenty Seventeen theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site theme issue.

CBDFactum
    Participant

I have updated the site to 4.5.5 so you can check it now.

Please use this email address for testing:

[email protected]

The password is in the private field.

• This user has no data set.
    • Put a product into the shopping cart and then try to check out.
    • Even I am now using a plugin for the personalized checkout it has nothing to do with it.
    • It was already before I installed it. I hoped the plugin will improve it but it doesn’t.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by CBDFactum.

Then have you tested it using  Twenty Seventeen theme as described in my above reply?

CBDFactum
    Participant

I am still a WP newbie. How do I apply the Twenty Seventeen theme and can I easily re-apply the Jevelin theme once I tested it?

Thx

I am still a WP newbie. How do I apply the Twenty Seventeen theme

Please refer to the below documentation to know how to activate the WordPress theme.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-properly-change-a-wordpress-theme/#how-to-change-wordpress-theme-on-live-site

and can I easily re-apply the Jevelin theme once I tested it

Yes, you can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)