Critical Error Updating Gillion from 3.6.0 to 3.7.0.

Home Forums Gillion Theme Critical Error Updating Gillion from 3.6.0 to 3.7.0.

Home Forums Gillion Theme Critical Error Updating Gillion from 3.6.0 to 3.7.0.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • afew001
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I just tried updating Gillion theme from 3.6.0 to 3.7.0. My site broke and stated there was a critical error. I couldn’t even access my plugins or anywhere in the WordPress Dashboard area to try to figure out where the critical error was coming from. I contacted Bluehost who hosts my site and they removed each plugin but then said the error was due to the theme. They removed the theme and suggested I find a different theme due to this one causing errors and breaking my site. I was at least able to restore a past backup of the plugins, theme, and database so it at least looks like it did an hour ago before I tried to update it. So right now it is back to version 3.6.0. My wordpress shows I need to update the theme to 3.7.0 but I’m terrified to try that again. Do you have any suggestions what I should do and why the new 3.7.0 version update caused that critical error? I love the Gillion theme and have never had any kind of issue like this happen before– I also really hope that I can continue using it!

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help!

Hi @afew001,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

We are troubleshooting the issue to resolve it but I couldn’t reproduce it on my website.

If possible could you please share the error message or screenshot or describe a bit more in detail exactly what was the issue and where you were facing it that will help us to better understand the issue?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Shufflehound

Solution for this topic

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Issue cause was compatibility issue with PHP 5.6 version.

Please login to access this file

afew001
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help and quick response! I appreciate it!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)