Custom Header WPML not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Custom Header WPML not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Custom Header WPML not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • la.lotta
    Participant

Hello,

I used in Jevelin the option of a custom header and footer. The problem I need the website in different language but the menu only brings me back to the german version. (because I set a link) but how can I make the header WPML ready? There is no option to translate. And if I built a new header, how can I show different headers/footers on the sites – there is only one option in the theme settings.
    (I need a custom header because the mobile version has more links)

Any advice?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by la.lotta.

Hi @la.lotta,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The custom header template is created using WPBakery page builder so you can translate it using WPML as described below.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

la.lotta
    Participant

thank you very much this was already quite helpful
    but still the header is only switching one time and don’t stay at the english version – the content switch? Any idea?
    I already talked with WMPL but there found not the issue.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by la.lotta.

To troubleshoot the issue, I tried to access your shared website but I am just getting the message “This site can’t provide a secure connection”.

Could you please make sure that the website is accessible?

Also, please test whether it works fine using any default WordPress theme such as Twenty Nineteen theme.

la.lotta
    Participant

sorry the website link is without https

the point is – I use the header builder option provided from your theme – desktop I have one set of links, mobile I have another set of links

The current problem: for example I’m on the homepage I click on EN (to go to the english version of the side) the homepage change to english but the custom header not (still the german one, easy to spot in “Über thingsy” and “About thingsy”), If I click now on movement, I will be directed to the german side of movement, which is quite annoying for the english speaking user.

The header is translated. See the screenshot below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Have you checked whether it works fine using any default WordPress theme such as Twenty Nineteen theme?

la.lotta
    Participant

I don’t understand why I should use another theme? I dont want to destroy the website now switching themes.

We have to test it with the default theme to confirm whether it is theme-specific or not.

You can also consider testing it on your staging or development website.

la.lotta
    Participant

ok I will set up a staging area and check it out

I wonder if something is missing in the footer-section area.
    (see screenshot) I insert the marked code from the WPML website, but still the custom footer is not shown translated.

(I changed the problem to the footer area to not make visitors super angry, because it’s not properly working)

thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You have to contact WPML support to know why the code is not working.

I think you have to echo the do_action function.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)