Duplication of Google fonts links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Duplication of Google fonts links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Duplication of Google fonts links

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Konrud
    Participant

Currently, on my site, I have 2 link tags that load fonts from googleAPI.

The first one belongs to the theme, the second one is from the RevSlider.

1. How can I merge them?
    2. If not maybe there is a way to remove the link to google fonts from RevSlider?
    3. If not maybe there is a way to store them locally?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @Konrud,

Thank you for your question.

You can just disable loading Google font from revslider as described on the following page.

http://web.unc.edu/2014/09/revolution-slider-general-settings-google-font-settings/#attachment_5296

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Konrud
    Participant

This doesn’t work. There is no such option in new version of the RevSlider. You can’t disable Google fonts there.

If there is no such option in new version of the RevSlider then you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. See https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Konrud
    Participant

Is there any option to save theme fonts locally, not via link tag?

Konrud
    Participant

No, I mean Jevelin theme uses link tag that refers to the googleapi in order to get fonts that will be used by the site.

What I need is to eliminate this link tag and save font locally.

Solution for this topic

What I need is to eliminate this link tag and save font locally.

You can eliminate this tag by using the attached child theme of Jevelin theme.

You can use saved font locally as described on the pages shared in my previous reply.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Konrud
    Participant

Thank you.

But after I save the fonts locally I need to refer to them in the CSS file.

Which I think should be the theme css not child-theme css,

because theme CSS file is loaded before child-them CSS file,

am I right?

Yes the theme CSS file is loaded before child-them CSS file so that you can overwrite theme CSS from child theme CSS.

You must not edit theme files and do all the changes from child theme files. If you make changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)