Edit Blog Posts Categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Edit Blog Posts Categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Edit Blog Posts Categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • irfanisrael
    Participant

Hello,

1. I am using “Blog Posts Categories” element and have three categories added, image attached.

Unfortunately, there is no option to edit the color of individual headings and lines under the heading.

In my case it’s health, fitness and recipes.

Is there a code to edit the color of all three lines under the headings separately?

Green for health, blue for fitness and brown for recipes.

2. Is there a code to also edit the header hover color of all the categories?

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @irfanisrael,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

There isn’t any pre built code but we can develop custom CSS code to achieve it.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

irfanisrael
    Participant

Hello,

it’s on my home page – https://lifecobra.com

Thank you

Solution for this topic

1. I am using “Blog Posts Categories” element and have three categories added, image attached.

Unfortunately, there is no option to edit the color of individual headings and lines under the heading.

In my case it’s health, fitness and recipes.

Is there a code to edit the color of all three lines under the headings separately?

Green for health, blue for fitness and brown for recipes.

You can change it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.home .sh-categories .blog-style-cover:nth-child(1) .sh-categories-title h2 {
        border-color: #4CAF50;
    }

.home .sh-categories .blog-style-cover:nth-child(2) .sh-categories-title h2 {
        border-color: #3F51B5;
    }

.home .sh-categories .blog-style-cover:nth-child(3) .sh-categories-title h2 {
        border-color: 	#A52A2A;
    }

2. Is there a code to also edit the header hover color of all the categories?

You can change it from theme styling settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

irfanisrael
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for the code, everything works nicely.

And I also would like to do the same thing for header categories, separate color for each category hover color, could you please help me with the code for that as well?

Thank you

thank you for the code, everything works nicely.

You are most welcome here 🙂

And I also would like to do the same thing for header categories, separate color for each category hover color, could you please help me with the code for that as well?

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

irfanisrael
    Participant

Hello,

would it also be possibly for you give me the code to add “view all” button at the bottom of each category and link “view all” with its category in Blog Posts Categories?

And is it possible to increase the size of the images in Blog Posts Categories that are below the first, big image?

Thank you

There isn’t any builtin option to achieve so you have to develop custom code to achieve it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)