Editing pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Editing pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Editing pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • niftitalks
    Participant

I am trying to edit my homepage (which was built with the visual composer) but i can’t save any changes. IS the only way to make edits with the visual composer to buy the WP Bakery License?

nkem

veryloudyouth.org

Hi @nkem,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I am trying to edit my homepage (which was built with the visual composer) but i can’t save any changes.

Are you getting any error message when you try to save it or the changes get saved but doesn’t reflect on the site?

I can see you are using WP-Super-Cache on your site so please try clearing its cache or temporary disabling it.

IS the only way to make edits with the visual composer to buy the WP Bakery License?

No

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

niftitalks
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you… I have a few more questions 🙂

Are you getting any error message when you try to save it or the changes get saved but doesn’t reflect on the site?

Not an error message, per se. But when i try to leave the page, i get a warning that changes may not be saved. I can save templates etc, but no changes appear on the site. I even deleted and saved/updated, and no changes appeared.

I can see you are using WP-Super-Cache on your site so please try clearing its cache or temporary disabling it.

I have, I believe. I found a plugin which wasn’t activated and updated and activated it? Did that work?

Can I use saved home page templates in the WP Bakery? If so, how?

nkem

veryloudyouth.org

Not an error message, per se. But when i try to leave the page, i get a warning that changes may not be saved. I can save templates etc, but no changes appear on the site. I even deleted and saved/updated, and no changes appeared.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any or use following plugin to check it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/

If it is not plugin conflict then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able to see it.”?

I have, I believe. I found a plugin which wasn’t activated and updated and activated it? Did that work?

Can I use saved home page templates in the WP Bakery? If so, how?

Sorry but I don’t understand your question here so could you please describe a bit more in detail what you are trying to achieve?

niftitalks
    Participant

Hello, did you get my private message?

No I didn’t get it.

Could you please share it again and in the same message please notify me?

Also please send it on [email protected]

niftitalks
    Participant

Ok, I have resent in private field, and email. could you confirm receipt?

[email protected]

I received it on email and logged into your site but can’t access admin area of your site and get an error “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”.

Could you please make sure that the created user is an admin user and have access to admin area of site?

niftitalks
    Participant

Apologies. I have fixed this.. Try now 🙂

I could log into your site and saw your site home page is created using Unyson page builder as shown in the attached screenshot so you can’t edit it using Visual composer builder but using Unyson page builder.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

niftitalks
    Participant

Hello Again,

I managed to troubleshoot and make page changes, but something is still very wrong and I can’t figure it out.

The home page is not working like other pages. As if the Unyson and Visual Composer are incompatible here?

Also, I noticed that my home page does not load on Safari… even though it loads on Chrome.

nkem

veryloudyouth.org

niftitalks
    Participant

I am trying to make changes using the Unyson page builder. But home page won’t save properly except when troubleshooting, and Unyson and Visual composer are enabled.

Also, why won’t my site load on Safari?

Nkem

veryloudyouth.org

I am trying to make changes using the Unyson page builder. But home page won’t save properly except when troubleshooting, and Unyson and Visual composer are enabled.

It seems you are trying to use both the page editors on your site at a time causing none of them working.

I logged into your site and saw you are using Visual composer editor in your home page so please disable Unyson page editor for the page on clicking on the Default editor button as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also, why won’t my site load on Safari?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

niftitalks
    Participant

I have been using the visual composer, you are right. BUT why isn’t it working properly?

I don’t understand what’s wrong. Which plugin is the required plugin? I need to be able to use the sample home templates, but i’m running into several problems. and don’t understand what i’m doing wrong.

nkem

I have been using the visual composer, you are right. BUT why isn’t it working properly?

When you say you can’t edit pages or visual composer not working then could you please describe it a bit more in detail step by step what you are doing and what is not happening so that I can help you?

I don’t understand what’s wrong. Which plugin is the required plugin? I need to be able to use the sample home templates, but i’m running into several problems. and don’t understand what i’m doing wrong.

Unyson is only theme required plugin.

I logged into your site to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t face any issue that you are facing so I want to make sure I am not missing anything and reproduce the issue so that I can fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)