Errors in debug console when scrolling

Home Forums Gillion Theme Errors in debug console when scrolling

Home Forums Gillion Theme Errors in debug console when scrolling

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dellgirl
    Participant

Hi,

these errors in Chrome debug console are appearing when I scroll with mouse wheel on every page of my site.

Should I be worried?

URL: https://igrastaklenihperlica.rs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @dellgirl,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on the chrome browser but it didn’t display to me on a scroll with mouse wheel.

Please test it clearing your browser cache or using a different browser.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dellgirl
    Participant

After clearing cache (several times) same thing in Chrome and incognito mode.

Firefox console gives only warning, as in the attached screenshot, only once, after the first scroll.

The second message is about scrolling.

First one is interesting, too.

Don’t get me wrong. I can see the site is functional with these warnings, but I also know there should be no warnings and especially no errors.

That’s why I’m trying to find out what is the reason for them.

Attachments:

daptee
    Participant

I have the same problem. I dont know if there was a chrome actualization or what, but the scrollbar also bounce.

This is what appears in console:

[Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6662647093133312

Can any help me with this?

dellgirl
    Participant

Well, I haven’t actually noticed bouncing in Chrome before, but it does bounce (even when ‘Smooth Scrolling’ is on).

Scroller bounces much more in Microsoft Edge, and their console has no warnings or errors about that.

So, maybe these ‘interventions’ are Chrome’s way to try to prevent bouncing.

@dellgirl As we have noted in your other topics that you only face some issues on your chrome browser which doesn’t happen for us.

This may be because you are using older version of chrome browser or some browser extensions used on it may be causing the issue.

Please make sure that you are using latest version of chrome browser and try disabling all of its extensions and clearing its cache or using it in incognito mode.

The messages displayed in the Firefox console are informative messages and you can just ignore them.

@daptee Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

daptee
    Participant

Hi there. I have this problem on every page that i have made with jevelin. Please check my website http://www.daptee.com.ar

I have a touchscreen laptop and i realized that when i scroll with the touch action i havent this error on console. But when i do the scroll with the mouse appears the problem again. I think that maybe when you dont have a touch screen laptop this problem doesnt appear.

@dellgirl
    have you a touchscreen laptop? What could be the problem?

dellgirl
    Participant

@Shufflehound Support I have already said I cleared cache several times and the problem still persists even in incognito mode. I use the latest version of Chrome.

@daptee
    Yes, it is a touchscreen laptop, and if you follow the link after ‘intervention’ message, it says something about wheel/touchpad scrolling. To be honest, I don’t quite understand it.

Today I have visited my site on the desktop computer for the first time, and there were no messages.

I don’t know. Maybe we should just ignore this.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by dellgirl.

I don’t use a touchscreen laptop and maybe that’s why I don’t get the errors.

I have notified this to the theme developer so that It will troubleshoot more and fixed.

Solution for this topic

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of the theme so please update the theme on your site as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

dellgirl
    Participant

I’m sorry to say, but it’s not resolved for me.

I don’t use that touchscreen laptop anymore, but with the regular laptop, the issue is the same.

After updating the theme and clearing cache again, both Incognito and regular browsers have the same [Intervention] errors in console. It is happening only on mouse wheel scrolling, not with scrollbar and not with the touchpad.

How can I check if I installed the update properly? Should I see this second ‘2’ of the Gillion Beta version ‘3.2.1.2’ anywhere?

And by the way, I get these errors when I open debug console in your site, too. See attached screenshot.

Then I tried opening the console in all other currently opened tabs in my browser (about 10), and none of them produced such an error.

But, each one of the sites from ‘Share your Gillion website’ I tried, had the errors.

Attachments:

The theme is yet not updated on the theme demo site so please do not test there.

You can see which version of the theme that you are using as described in the below pages.

https://help.themeskingdom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-find-theme-version/

https://thethemefoundry.com/tutorials/finding-themes-version-number/

dellgirl
    Participant

OK, the theme I use is 3.2.1.

In the update zip file, style.css says it’s 3.2.1 version, too. I guess you don’t change build number there.

Date of all files is Apr 5th, so I did get the update.

Ok, We are troubleshooting the issue more and will update you here ASAP.

dellgirl
    Participant

Solution for this topic

I don’t know if you have fixed this in the latest update, but there is no such issue on my site anymore.

The issue was resolved previously in the theme but glad it is working fine on your site now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)