Every auto-translate addon is breaking the background

Home Forums Gillion Theme Every auto-translate addon is breaking the background

Home Forums Gillion Theme Every auto-translate addon is breaking the background

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • avalidusername
    Participant

Hello, there.
    So, I’ve one small issue with Gillion theme – every addon that I want to add, that translates posts or website for another languages is breaking background of whole website. It’s like moved up by half of it.

With any auto-translate addon tower visable at the left on first image, is near the top-bar and search icon. But if I will disable any kind of auto-translate addon it’s back to normal and this tower is far way below, as it should be. And with auto-translate addon disabled it looks like on second pic, that’s how it should look.

Translate WordPress with GTranslate, Translate WordPress – Google Language Translator, Translate Multilingual sites – TranslatePress and others cause this issue. So background is “cut” in the middle of website, and it’s moved up by half.
    To be more clear: 1ST is how it should look like, 2ND is when auto-translate addon is enabled. Looks like something is “adding” something before background and it’s moving up.

Any idea to force the theme to work as it should WITH such addons?

/// edit
    The same thing appears when shortcode for auto-translate is used in text of the post, example in pics 3 and 4.
    3 is with shortcode used, and 4 without

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We would need to see a live demo with both a working and broken layout to determine the cause. Would that be possible?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

avalidusername
    Participant

Well, website is running but it’s hidden under “Under Construction” addon 🙂
    Problem is quite simple – there are no “private” tickets, so you can bypass Under Construction mark. I will attach contact in “private” field.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

It seems that we found the issue – for some unknown reason you’re website HTML block tag gets added a custom CSS that is causing it.

Below we created a simple CSS that should fix it:

html {
        height: auto!important
    }

Let us know if that works! 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

avalidusername
    Participant

Yup, it fixed it a bit, but not 100%.
    Since I’ve added this line as custom CSS it works, but also backgrounds “jumps a little” when scrolled to top, and from top to middle of the page. Check it out if you want 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Yes, we can see that.

Can you please disable the sticky header under Gillion Settings (at the topbar) > Header > Sticky Header and see if the background is still jumping?

Let us know if that changes anything as then we might try to add some changes to the sticky header

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Shufflehound.

avalidusername
    Participant

Nope, it stopped jumping.
    But I’ve another question – background is bigger and bigger with amount of text added to the post.
    Is there any way to make it static? So, background will be always the same size no matter how long the post is?
    There are posts that are long and short. And short have different background size than longer ones 🙂

Shufflehound

That is great! 🙂

About the image, we can understand the issue and we came out with a one solution, which might or might not work for you.

Here will be the custom CSS:

html body {
        background-size: 165%;
        background-position: 50% 0;
        background-color: #ffffff!important;
    }

Let us know if that helps! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)