Extra Padding after reduced to zero

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Extra Padding after reduced to zero

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Extra Padding after reduced to zero

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • chudancha
    Participant

The first two screenshots is just of a simple textbook within a section that has its padding reduced to 0px ops 0px 0px, the margin within the text box is also reduced to 0px. If I try to move the text box out of the section it adds aprox 100px of padding.

The second is closer to my end goal with the accordion, I’ve included the picture as it looks now (Ive changed the background to red to show what is the extra padding, but ultimately would like it transparent). I would like it transparent or non existent.

Just trying to remove the padding mostly, and then change the background to transparent so just the accordion is visible against the background. Doesn’t seem to be within the standard options.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Hi @chudancha,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can remove that red background padding by removing the column as shown in the attached screenshot and adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .accordions .top-navs {
        margin: 0;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

chudancha
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your advice did work to some extent, although the white padding is what I’m trying to get ride of.

Secondly, my goal was to have the accordion only take up part of the page, so the visitor or client could take note of the background image. Its sort of an art website. That is why the accordion was offset to the right using a 1/3 blank column.

So one issue still remains, and that is the white padding to the left and right of the accordion.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by chudancha.
    Attachments:

Solution for this topic

You can also remove that white padding using the below custom CSS code.

#content .sh-section-container.container,
    #page-container .container.entry-content {
        max-width: 100% !important;
        width: 100% !important;
    }

chudancha
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, and once again, that definitely helped.

Im still trying to accomplish my visual goal for the website, and I feel I’m close. The first screenshot shows background using the section background option (at half transparent but appearing solid). If I choose a transparent value it simply turns to white, or if its half transparent it shows the color as a solid (the color mixed with white)  (which makes me think there is background to the background somewhere tucked away)

If I change the  COLUMN background color it appears BEHIND The  white section background,

Is there a way to either 1. make it transparent or 2. create the same visual effect : Small accordion aligned on the right side, so that the background image is clearly visible.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by chudancha.
    Attachments:

chudancha
    Participant

Ive actually changed the design of my website since posting and cannot edit. I still seem to have a padding or margin issue but will move it to a new post.

Thank you for your help as the previous suggestions absolutely helped.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)