Portfolio categories not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Portfolio categories not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Portfolio categories not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the Portfolio widget with WPBakery. I want to only show items from the “financial-services” category, but when I enter that slug in the Categories field on the Portfolio Settings, it seems to have no effect on the page. See attached.

I tried entering “Financial Services Industry” display name instead of the slug and that didn’t work.

I tried removing the category altogether, such that all categories are displayed and you’ll see it’s not even displaying the “Financial Services Industry” category at all.

This was working fine on the Unyson framework. On there, when you specify the category, it creates a tag to ensure you’re picking a valid category. On Redux / WPBakery, is uses free text instead of a tag in that field and it’s as if it’s not finding the category.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jkloptosky
    Participant

Here it is working correctly on the Unyson version of the page. Specifically, it’s showing only the portfolio items associated with the financial services category.

Attachments:

jkloptosky
    Participant

An update… I changed the Limit from 2 to -1, and that made all the categories show. I then could apply the financial-services slug and the category is now showing. But ultimately my desire is to hide the filter and only show the financial services items.

On Unyson, it appears be applying the category filter both to the categories and to the items (see attached). So then it doesn’t matter that the All tab is selected, because I can hide the filter and it’s still only showing the filtered items.

On Redux/WPBakery, the category is filtering the list of categories, but not the list of items. So when I hide the filter, it’s really still the All tab’s content which is displaying, which includes the items I don’t want to see.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)