Filter disappeared + category pages showing 404

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Filter disappeared + category pages showing 404

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Filter disappeared + category pages showing 404

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Elise_jansson
    Participant

Hi,

I have 4 categories for my portfolio but the portfolio page (called projects on my site) filter function only displays two of the most recent ones used plus the ‘all’ filter. Additionally, the individual category pages show a 404 error.

All of this happened quite suddenly and was working fine (all filters were showing and category pages working) until I added a portfolio project that was in a category I’d never used before.

Note: I have added all of the categories to be displayed in the portfolio settings.

Please se private field for access information and thanks in advance!

Elise_jansson
    Participant

I figured out that the filters are only showing the categories that are present on that page and not all categories in total. So that issue is resolved.

However, I still get an error message when clicking on individual categories on the single page view.

Solution for this topic

Hi @Elise_jansson,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

However, I still get an error message when clicking on individual categories on the single page view.

The issue is occurring on your site due to the index.php added in the URL of your site so please remove it as described in the following pages.

http://dejanjanosevic.info/remove-index-php-permalink-in-wordpress/

http://derekmolloy.ie/remove-index-php-from-your-wordpress-url/

http://helpcenter.infoquest.com/knowledgebase/articles/566988-remove-index-php-from-wordpress-url

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Elise_jansson
    Participant

Thank you so much, worked perfectly 🙂

You are most welcome here 🙂

zsolt67
    Participant

I would like to do exactly same as Elise. Can I use the same plugin? Would be good to implement this feature in the theme. (sorry wrong topic)

zsolt67
    Participant

Sorry I ended up here with my other problem.

I added some category and similar thing happening.

I get error 404 when clicking on category but I cant find index.php in the permalink section

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

zsolt67
    Participant

Also I cant find htacces file when I logged in with ftp and can not create one with saving permalinks structure in setting

@zsolt67 It seems you are facing 404 error due to different reasons so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create a separate topic for your question referring this topic so that I can help you?

zsolt67
    Participant

I have nginx server on the hosting. My service provider changed the setting and working now.

@zsolt67 Glad it is working fine for you after changing hosting server settings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)