Font has changed to wrong font site wide (and other issues)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Font has changed to wrong font site wide (and other issues)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Font has changed to wrong font site wide (and other issues)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • shootthepianoplayer
    Participant

Hi,

Any idea why Gillion theme is suddenly showing a random font? It is meant to be Raleway for blog post body font, but it is a default one. This seems to have suddenly happened today or yesterday and I haven’t changed anything myself with the site or plugins.

https://filmlifestyle.com/italian-neorealism/

Can’t even change anything as the Styling tab now doesn’t even open on theme settings:

Please help as this is a serious error and is really affecting my income due to font and font size not being right!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

That is strange, would it be possible to login to your website?

As at this moment it is hard to guess what could cause this.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dcmedias
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue with my font not loading and now shows a default font on the entire site. This has happened within the last few days as well. But about a week prior to this, I did update a few plugins: elementor, woocommerce etc. and have recently enforced https:// on my site.

In my case, to get the hosted font to load on all pages across browsers, online fixes are calling for the font path to be updated in the header file and remove the http: or https:. Leave the // at the beginning of the path.

Moderator, can you confirm if this is a correct fix?

Thanks

sparksjr_97
    Participant

Been having the same issue on my site too where it looks all odd and its the same.

Any idea if there’s a fix for this?

Shufflehound

Edited:

It seems that we might have a fix:

Go to the Admin dashboard > Gillion (left side) > Framework Upgrade and follow the steps (install Redux framework, make migration and remove the Unyson framework).

Let us know if that works!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Shufflehound.

shootthepianoplayer
    Participant

Hi,

Do you not have a fix for Gillion users (you only mention Jevelin users)? Also, I don’t use any of the page builders you mentioned.

Something has broken with your themes and how they talk to Google fonts. And I’m not the only person who is experiencing this issue.

This is a major issue that is affecting income for lots of sites.

I’ve found a temporary workaround to add a Google fonts plugin and that has allowed me to set Google fonts again.

But I shouldn’t have to add yet another plugin just to get the advertised functionality that your theme should provide by default.

Can you please address a fix in an update asap. Thanks.

Shufflehound

Sorry for the previous message – we corrected it.

This functionality comes from the framework plugin and not the theme. Our old framework plugin Unyson have stopped its development long time ago and due to that we added support for well maintained Redux framework (which is now our main).

All Gillion theme users who still uses the Unyson framework we recommend to move to the Redux framework.

About this specific issue – Unyson framework Google Fonts API page is down. So it is the plugin fault, but we will think on what we could do about it from the theme.

dcmedias
    Participant

This solved the issue but don’t forget to backup your site before the upgrade.

Thank you!

Shufflehound

That is great! 🙂

And yes we can agree that a backup is a good idea.

shootthepianoplayer
    Participant

Thanks for this. Seems to have sorted the issue.

I must have missed the memo on the Redux change and I wasn’t getting notification that Unyson or anything was outdated or not talking to Google Fonts anymore.

Shufflehound

That is great that it worked! 🙂

Unyson migration to Redux was available for some time now, but it was optional for those users who have an issue with it.

travelgoo
    Participant

Hello! Unfortunately, I can’t find this menu item: Admin dashboard > Gillion (left side) > Framework Upgrade. What might be the problem? Why can not I see? I have version 3.4.4 of Gillion!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by travelgoo.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by travelgoo.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

You need to upgrade to a recent theme version. We recommend to upgrade to the latest theme version available (the newest is 4.3.3)

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)