Fontawesome Pro - Conflict

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Fontawesome Pro – Conflict

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Fontawesome Pro – Conflict

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • mike3deep
    Participant

Hi guys,

love the theme, however, I’ve got an issue with fontawesome icons not showing in the share function for single blog posts.

My client needs to use FontAwesome Pro (currently 5.11) and so I have installed that plugin, but I think the Jevelin theme uses v4?

I installed the fontawesome conflict debug script and it shows a conflict in the console.  Do you have a way to disable the version of fontawesome used in the theme so it only uses the latest pro version?

Many thanks

Mike

Solution for this topic

Hi Mike,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The icons used in social share function for single blog posts are not font awesome icons but simple line icons and you can resolve its conflict by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-blog-social .sh-social-share-networks .fa,
    .sh-blog-social .sh-social-share-networks .fas {
        font-family: 'simple-line-icons' !important;
    }

.sh-social-share-networks .fa-facebook:before {
        content: "\e00b" !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

mike3deep
    Participant

Ah I see!

Many thanks for sending over the CSS, I’ve updated my child theme now and they are showing.

You are most welcome here 🙂

admlaw
    Participant

Hi is there a way that I can have font awesome and simple line icons NOT load at all to improve the website speed?

I don’t use them at all.

Thanks

Hi is there a way that I can have font awesome and simple line icons NOT load at all to improve the website speed?

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of the Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)