Header builder responsive not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Header builder responsive not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Header builder responsive not working

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • iarla
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Jevelin header builder with WPBakery but it’s not working properly on mobile/tablet. There are 3 issues:

1. There’s no background on the sticky header, and no option to change background color in the “responsive” tab (only border color).
    2. A border constantly displays, even though I have the border disabled.
    3. The icon size field in the responsive tab doesn’t seem to do anything, as the logo is too big and nothing I do changes it’s size.

Please let me know how to fix this as soon as you can, the options for responsiveness seem extremely limited with Jevelin/WPBakery, and especially with the header builder.

Thanks

iarla
    Participant

A 4th issue as well: The drop down menu’s background and text color do not match my header’s color. Changing the colors in the “dropdown” tab doesn’t have any effect on the mobile version.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

It seems that to help to solve these issues we would need to login to your website, so we can find the right options or even create a custom CSS if needed.

Would that be possible?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

What would that involve? Do you need admin status? Would you be able to explain what to do instead if I sent you more information?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Yes, we would need an account with an admin type. That would be the fastest way how to fix it as then we would see your setup with the options enabled and we could debug it and try to fix it.

You can share the login details in the private information below.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

I would rather not give out admin status, here is an editor account. I believe you should be able to view the header page then, if not please let me know. Also if not, can you give me some troubleshooting steps I can take myself in the mean time. Thanks

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response.

We might have missed it, but we can’t find a login link for your website. Can you please share it with us?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

Hi, thanks for getting back.

I had changed the link and forgot to update this thread, apologies. All the info is now attached to this message.

Thanks,

Iarla

Shufflehound

Thank it is working now!

About the issues:

1. We can create a custom CSS for that. Just let us know which colors you want to see
    2. Can you please let us know which exact border you want to remove?]
    3. Please try to go to Jevelin Settings (at the topbar) > Header > Logo Sizes and set it to Manual and try to adjust sizes. Let us know if that works

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

1. I’m looking for the drop down menu background to be same as the header’s, white. Right now it’s black/dark grey.
    2. The border I was referring to was a line extending past the header, but that seems to have fixed itself now that I’ve checked
    3. The header settings worked great, thank you.

Would  you also be able to tell me where the css for the header is edited, so I can add my own custom css in future, instead of having to contact support and get them to do it every time?

Thanks very much,

Iarla

Shufflehound

About the dropdown color you may try to change it under Jevelin Settings (at the topbar) > Styling > Dropdown / Menu (section) and try to adjust colors there for your liking.

Let us know if that works! 🙂

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

That worked fine for the background colour, thanks.

The settings for the header in Jevelin > Header don’t seem to do anything. No setting I change has any effect on the desktop or mobile, even after saving and waiting a bit before checking.

The only way to affect the header at all seems to be using the WPBakery header builder, and as I mentioned at the start, the responsiveness settings for haeder icon size have no effect, as I am unable to change the logo size on mobile.

Is WPBakery overriding everything in the Jevelin > Header settings working as intended? The way changing settings for this works seems very unclear.

Thank you,

Iarla

iarla
    Participant

There is also no way to change the logo size in the Header Builder, other than just changing the header height which I don’t want to do. Changing the size of the actual image file has a very weird effect.

Is the image file has a height of more than 180px, it appears very large, but as soon as the height drops to 180px it becomes tiny. I have attached images to show the effect.

Because of these to problems, I am unable to change the size of the logo.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by iarla.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iarla
    Participant

One other issue I have found, changing the dropdown color worked fine but the background color for the actual header on mobile is wrong. On mobile, the background for the header is just whatever the page body color is.

In the Jevelin > Styling > Heading settings I have Header Background Color as white and fully opaque. I have attached screenshots of the result.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iarla
    Participant

Hello,

I have had some success with solving the above issues, so for the sake of clarity I will just place all of the current issues in one place, here in this message. You can ignore the previous messages since your last reply.

1. The responsiveness options in the WPBakery Header builder have no effect. Changing header height and logo size in responsiveness don’t affect anything on mobile or desktop, and no settings in Jevelin > Header change anything either. In order to change the logo size on desktop I need to change the actual size of the image, which is fine but then I have no way of having a different size for mobile.

2. The background of the header on mobile is transparent (just shows the page body color), and no settings I have tried affect it. I currently have it set to #ffffff and fully opaque on both WPBakery Header builder and Jevelin > Header but it still just displays the page body color.

Please let me know if you need any other info to solve this, thank you very much for your ongoing support with the issue.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Thank you! Your latest reply really clarified the issues for us as we were thinking about how to help you to solve this for a while.

About both of the issues, we would like to ask again if it is possible to get access to the theme settings, so we can debug it and figure out why it is not working. Without access, it is much hard to solve it. Currently, the only thing that we can offer would be to create a custom CSS.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve attached the log in details below, so you can access the website’s WP dashboard.

If custom CSS is needed, where is it added?

Let me know if you need any other details,

Thanks,

Iarla

Shufflehound

Thank you for the login details, unfortunately, we couldn’t access the theme settings, which are needed for us to fix the issues.

Can you please activate it for us?

Custom CSS can be added in the theme settings (under CSS/JS section).

iarla
    Participant

Hi,

Your account should be set to administrator now, please let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks,

Iarla

Shufflehound

Thank you! We managed to access the theme settings.

1. We can confirm that we found an issue with the logo height settings. Currently, we created a custom CSS under Jevelin Settings > Custom CSS/JS. Let us know if we need to further adjust the logo sizes.

2. Just to clarify – the mobile header currently has a white color (technically it is transparent), what is the preferred end result?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Shufflehound.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)