Help migrating site from localhost

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Help migrating site from localhost

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Help migrating site from localhost

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • brank87
    Participant

Hello! I have been working on my new site in my localhost. I’m planning to do a parcial migration to my site when I’m done. My idea was installing your theme in the already existing wordpress and then just copy paste html on each of the pages. That way I don’t have to change so many little updates I’ve done in that website over the years.

What I found out today is that copy pasting the html code, the visual page builder doesn’t create the correct layout and content elements.
    Do you know how can I do this?
    I thought it would work because that’s what I always did when working with avada. I thought it would be the same.

How can I copy paste code so that the page is created with the right structure?

Please take a look at this 30 seconds video to understand what I mean. Thanks!

Hi @brank87

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is not how Unyson page builder works.

You have to save the page content as template and then use it on any other pages as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brank87
    Participant

Hello! Thanks for your quick reply.
    Ok, that would work if I want to create another page with the same “template”. How do I export those templates to another wordpress instalation? The idea is to move the pages from my local host to my existing WP already online.

Thanks!

brank87
    Participant

Hey! I believe you didn’t really understand my specific situation. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough.
    I don’t want to migrate my site completely for many reasons.

I’m only redesigning my current website. For that I’m working on localhost with your theme.

Next steps will be:
    1. Installing your theme in my already existing wordpress installation.

2. Bringing the pages I already made in localhost to the new one.

I thought I could just copy paste the code, move the images and everything would work (like I’ve done many times with Avada) but now I find out that this can only be done via templates.

Is there anyway of exporting the templates from my localhost WP to my already online WP? That way I’ll first migrate the templates, then the pictures and then the html code.

Can it be done?

Thanks

Nico

You can export those pages from your local site as displayed in the attached screenshot and then import it on your another site with images.

Before importing it please make sure to activate the theme and required plugins on your site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)