Images and Content Type

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Images and Content Type

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Images and Content Type

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • DeonLouBotha
    Participant

There appears to be an inconsistency around displaying of the Header Image.

This doesn’t seem to be linked to the Category / TAG or the Post Type.

What dictates whether an image will be displayed or not?

This is also the case below the fold “everything sorted for you” some images, some not without rhyme or reason.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Deon,

Thank you for your question.

There are various images displaying in your shared screenshot so could you please tell me exactly which one you are referring to?

Also, could you please share the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

DeonLouBotha
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound team,

The first post links to a Spotify link with standard post content type. Irrespective of the post-type, adding more content (paragraph text) the featured image doesn’t show on the main page (Left hand side). While the Widget (right hand side) respects the featured image and displays it. In a behaviour where the Theme, in this case, disregards the featured image, it also doesn’t use the Spotify link displaying the album/song on the main page which would be preferable and not making the content nested a click deep.

The second post links to a post with a youtube link with a standard post content type. Irrespective of the post format type, adding more content the featured image doesn’t display (left-hand side). Again the Widget displays the featured image. The Youtube video isn’t pulled through and shown on the front page instead remains nested a click deep. The preferred behaviour would be that it leverages the content if it disregards the image.

What I’m trying to show in the image provided is the featured image on the left is disregarded, on the right in the Widget it’s utilised. The main and only media type in both posts itself (Youtube and Spotify) don’t get substituted to fill the gap left and all that remains is a random white-space. The third post is a text post with Twitter, Text and images, same post format and that displays an image.

This behaviour occurs throughout the template not just in this section. I’m wanting to understand the root cause of the behaviour.

I’m going to need your IP address, http://deon.mba/0s2l3

Regards, Deon

Attachments:

DeonLouBotha
    Participant

Correction to above, standard post type displays the image. Gallery Displays like a standard post.

Video, Audio display nothing leaving the whitespace gaps.

Quote and link displays the image with an icon however layering is off causing the pictured issue another issue.

There isn’t post-format content awareness. Is this expected, or not expected?

Attachments:

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

My IP address is 122.169.82.48

DeonLouBotha
    Participant

URL in Private field

DeonLouBotha
    Participant

Bump

I visited your shared website but didn’t see the Jevelin theme used on it.

Please advise.

DeonLouBotha
    Participant

Rolled back Jevelin. This is too hard.

Requested a refund.

Re-engaging Envate.

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Jevelin theme.

It seems your website a specific issue so need to troubleshoot it on your website.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)