Import Demo - Error: Not Found (404)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Import Demo – Error: Not Found (404)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Import Demo – Error: Not Found (404)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • therenegadelife
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to import the demo “Education” to my brand new WordPress install site. I’ve used this theme on other sites before, and have never had a problem. I click import, and the wheel spins for about 4 seconds, and then gives the error “Error: Not Found (404)”. See photo attached.

My hosting is running the latest version of php, and I’ve got a 1G upload limit. So I’m guessing its that the download content cannot be found on your server?

I’ve crated a login for you to check it out.

Please let me know what you find! I really want to use the Education theme for this new site I’m building.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @therenegadelife,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of the Jevelin theme.

I logged into your website and saw the error that occurs because the WordPress admin-ajax.php file is not found on your server as shown in the attached screenshot so please contact your web host to resolve the issue.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

therenegadelife
    Participant

I’ve done further research, as I don’t know much about ajax. I came across this article from wordpress: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/

I tried all the steps, and if you go to step 4, they are asking to contact the support for the specific theme, because it happened within your theme.

Please include the below information:

• the browsers that you are experiencing the problem in
      • Tried in both Firefox and chrome
    • whether SCRIPT_DEBUG fixed the error or not
      • Debug did not fix the problem
    • the JavaScript error
    • the location of the error – both the file name and the line number
    • the context of the error – including the whole error stack will help developers
      • I’ve attached a photo of the error code

In my understanding this is something with the code on your end. Nothing to do with my hosting. I just paid another $40 so that I could have access to support again for this theme, and I’m hoping you can actually help me with the problem, as I’ve done as much research as I can, with my limited knowledge of ajax.

Thank you.

Attachments:

therenegadelife
    Participant

I went ahead and installed a FRESH wordpress site without installing any other plugins. I installed the Jevelin Theme, and installed all required plugins, and a few of the suggested plugins. NO other outside plugins. Ran Demo Import for Education (Unyson Builder).

It ran for a longer time (about 20 seconds) and then gave me this error:

An error occurred while fetching file from: https://api.shufflehound.com/jevelin/ocdi_files/education/education_content.xml!
    Reason: http_request_failed – cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.shufflehound.com port 443: Connection timed out.

I’ve attached an image so you can see the error as well.

Please help!

Attachments:

As said earlier that I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me so it seems your website or web server specific issue.

This is the issue that your website can’t import demo content or install plugins from external public servers.

Please make sure that your website can call & access public servers to make it work.

You can contact your web host to do it.

therenegadelife
    Participant

Solution for this topic

You can close this ticket. I moved to a different hosting, after much trouble with their support. I’m now with BlueHost, and had no troubles installing the demo. Thank you.

Awesome great to see you got that resolved by changing the website hosting.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)