Issues with portfolio page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issues with portfolio page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Issues with portfolio page

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • cameronhr
    Participant

Hi there, my portfolio page has recently developed sizable gaps between some of the portfolio items that should be falling in line. You can see examples of this on the homepage of the site (url in private field). Another representative told me to update to a beta version of the theme, however for a number of reasons that’s not a great solution for me. I’m hoping someone can help me out with this issue, thanks.

Hi @cameronhr,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared site and saw you are older version of theme that may be causing the issue.

Please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cameronhr
    Participant

Hi, I appreciate the response. I’m not sure if you read my whole post though. I have many changes to the theme files, and last time when the other representative suggested updating themes, my site formatting got messed up and I had to do a full site restore from a backup though my hosting provider – so updating the theme isn’t a great option for me. Are there any other options?

There isn’t any other option and the only option is to update the theme.

Please note you are making changes in the theme files, therefore, you have to make these changes again after theme update as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme update.

To avoid this situation it is always recommended to make the changes in the child theme and not directly in the theme files.

You will get more information about the child theme on the below page.

http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

cameronhr
    Participant

I just tried those steps, and the new version of the theme produces the same issues.

I visited your shared site and saw you are still using older version 3.2.1 of the theme so please update it to the latest version 4.2.3

cameronhr
    Participant

Yes, I reverted back once I tested the new theme without success

Why did you rever it back?

Could you please leave it updated so that I can troubleshoot the issue?

cameronhr
    Participant

I reverted it because I didn’t want a site with completely broken CSS and formatting to stay public for very long. I’ve switched it to the updated version now for you to troubleshoot

Thanks

I visited your site again and saw you are still using older version of the theme.

Please make sure that you have updated the theme and activated latest version of the theme and share me the screenshot of the theme version that you are using on your site.

cameronhr
    Participant

It’s on 4.2.3 which is the one you sent me. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

It seems you are using wrong theme.

Its name should be Jevelin and not Jevelin child beta as shown in the attached screenshot.

So please reinstall the theme.

Attachments:

cameronhr
    Participant

I just renamed it to jevelin child beta for organization purposes, it’s the same theme that you send me to use.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

cameronhr
    Participant

Sure no problem.

Thanks

I logged into your site and confirmed the issue but I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Jevelin theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Attachments:

cameronhr
    Participant

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I’ve tried disabling all the plugins except WPBakery and Unyson, and the problem persists.

Please advise

Thanks

I logged into your site and activated the latest Jevelin theme.

Then I cleared my browser cache multiple times and it started working fine.

Could you please test it the same way?

Are you usinhg any server side cache system?

cameronhr
    Participant

Hi there – I appreciate the help.

Unfortunately I’ve just checked and the issue is still there for me even after clearing both my browser cache and server side cache. Also – all my custom CSS on that page is gone. I had to add some of the CSS back just so that my site isn’t screwed up for too long since its public. But when I tried adding all my custom CSS back, the formatting gets messed up and doesn’t look like it did before.

I am using server side cache but I tried disabling it and the same issue remains.

Thanks

I can see the issue has occurred again now.

I think it is happening because of the combination of custom code and cache that you are using on your site.

So please remove custom code and cache on your site or if it is not possible on your live site then please do the same on your site development site and share me the site URL.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)