Jevelin Child Theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Child Theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Child Theme

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • mtortorello
    Participant

I tried to create a child theme for Jevelin but when activated it reset all styles to factory settings. Does Jevelin have a child theme plugin that can be used that will keep all existing styles as the current site shows? Or if you have any advice that will prevent all the data from being lost.

Hi @mtortorello,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can use the attached Jevelin child theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mtortorello
    Participant

Hello,

Just tried to do a clean install using the jevelin child theme you sent and it reset all settings again. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? https://www.staging11.equivityva.com

Could you please tell me exactly what has reset on your website?

Could you please clear and temporarily deactivate the Autoptimize Cache that you are using on your website so that I can troubleshoot it?

mtortorello
    Participant

header, navigations, all font- its suppose to look like this equivityva.com

I deactivated the Autoptimize cache plugin

Could you please change the font from the theme Styling settings and change the logo from the theme Header settings?

mtortorello
    Participant

I understand that I can manually change that but my question is why did it revert to these settings when activating the child theme? Is there any way to prevent this from happening? The point is to keep the existing styles not have to redo the entire styling.

I am not sure why this happened.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

mtortorello
    Participant

Yes. I created another staging environment to test it out again. Add the login information in the private field below for you to investigate further.

So after activating the child theme again tt appears normal at first. But when making additional edits in the customizer after publishing it reverts everything back to factory settings.

I logged into your website and saw this is happening because you are using the Unyson plugin as you have created some pages using the Unyson page builder.

For now, you can just make the same changes only once using the Jevelin child theme then you don’t need to make it again.

mtortorello
    Participant

Hello,

There are only a few pages that are using the Unyson page builder. I’m confused on why having a Unyson page builder would reset all styles? Can you explain further why that would happen?

What exactly should I do to troubleshoot this?

In the recent version of the theme we have migrated from Unyson to Redux framework due to limitationes of the Unyson framework that you can upgrade from Admin Area -> Jevelin -> Framework Upgrade

After upgrading the framework we have to deactivate the Unyson plugin so that both the frameworks won’t conflict but you have created pages using the Unyson page builder so you can’t deactivate the Unyson plugin.

For now, you can just make the same changes only once using the Jevelin child theme then you don’t need to make it again.

mtortorello
    Participant

Hello,

So is your solution to redo all the styles or upgrade the framework? I need more clarification on your response.

Not sure what you mean by “make the same change”

I meant for now please redo the styles.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)