I want to collect newsletter subscribers on my home page. For that I’m currently using the default contact form as you can see in http://www.sirextiles.com. However I want this contact form to be integrated with my mailchimp account.
Can I do it from this default contact form itself or do I need to install contact form 7 or anything like that?
I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.
Yes you have to use contact form 7 plugin and to connect it to mailchimp you can use the following plugin.
I tried with the plugin you suggested, I couldn’t enable double opt in for MailChimp. So, I went ahead with Mailchimp sign up form and the opting process worked perfectly.
Now there’s a major problem. My website is not loading. I remember when I was adding Mailchimp embedding code to “output HTML” option in Unyson, I was prompted by my security plugin that some sort of “ajax” is blacklisted and if I wanna whitelist it. That was the only way for me to go ahead. So, I whitelisted it. Now my website isn’t loading anywhere. I tried multiple browsers and it is only loading.
I visited your site and it is loading fine for me. May be because you have removed the signup form.
In Chrome go to “Tools -> Developer Tools” and in Firefox you can go to “Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”
Please share the correct page URL if i am checking it in the wrong place.
I don’t see the contact form on the home page of your shared site except the subscription form as shown in the attached screenshot.
Please advise and if possible share the screenshot of that form.
BY sign up form, I meant newsletter subscription form itself(The same one you sent the screenshot of). Browser cache is enabled. SO now if you go to http://www.sirextiles.com from that same browser, you can view the site. But try visiting the site from another browser or incognito, The homepage keeps loading, but never ends.
I could confirm the issue on your site now.
Please try clearing cache used on your site or temporary disabling it.
If the issue still persists then please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.