Margin Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Margin Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Margin Issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • dereksieb
    Participant

Hello,

1.) I am trying to add space on the sides of my section with 3 equal columns.  I go to the section, then click other, then try to set the margin. The left margin works, but the right margin does not do anything. Do you know why this could be?

2.) Also, I want to have some space in between these columns. But when I add margin to any of them, it puts the 3rd column on the next line. How can I add space between these columns, while keeping them all on one line?

I’ve tried the “extra background padding” in each column settings, but then it zooms in too much on the pictures, and makes the mobile margin too big on the sides.

Is there a way to add space in between these columns without using the “extra background padding” feature?

3.) Or, is there a way to use the “extra background padding” feature without making it zoom in on the column background photos?

4.) Also, the columns aren’t clickable anymore. Do you know why?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1.) I am trying to add space on the sides of my section with 3 equal columns.  I go to the section, then click other, then try to set the margin. The left margin works, but the right margin does not do anything. Do you know why this could be?

Please share me the screenshot of the screen where you have set the margins so that I can troubleshoot the issue.

2.) Also, I want to have some space in between these columns. But when I add margin to any of them, it puts the 3rd column on the next line. How can I add space between these columns, while keeping them all on one line?

Please regenerate the issue on your site so that I can help you to resolve it.

I’ve tried the “extra background padding” in each column settings, but then it zooms in too much on the pictures, and makes the mobile margin too big on the sides.

Could you please share me the screenshots of the issue?

Is there a way to add space in between these columns without using the “extra background padding” feature?

3.) Or, is there a way to use the “extra background padding” feature without making it zoom in on the column background photos?

There isn’t any option for it but you can try achieving this using Yellow Pencil editor as described in the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

4.) Also, the columns aren’t clickable anymore. Do you know why?

You can achieve this developing custom code solution shared in the following topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/make-page-elementcolumn-link-to-page/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dereksieb
    Participant

Ok I will attach screenshots.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dereksieb
    Participant

And here are the screenshots for the “extra background padding” issues.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

You can add margins to those columns by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .sh-section-e0edcd87dce567c226265b76cdd05646 .sh-column {
        margin: 0 10px 0 10px;
            width: 32.33333333%;
    }
    .sh-section-e0edcd87dce567c226265b76cdd05646 .sh-column:first-child,
    .sh-section-e0edcd87dce567c226265b76cdd05646 .sh-column:last-child {
        margin: 0;
    }
    }

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you very much! You’re amazing!

dereksieb
    Participant

One more thing… Now when I resize my browser and my column heading needs two lines, it resizes the column and makes it taller than the others.

How can I make the columns stay the same size even when the heading needs two lines on smaller devices? I will attach a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,

Derek

Attachments:

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)