Mobile Cart Hidden Behind contentq

Home Forums Gillion Theme Mobile Cart Hidden Behind contentq

Home Forums Gillion Theme Mobile Cart Hidden Behind contentq

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • zimmo
    Participant

Hi Support

We have an issue with the mobile users of gillion.

Customers are saying that when they add to cart, the cart icon does not display the box with the items in. I investigated this and can see it is hidden behind the slider on the home page, and then the title block on other pages.

So when you click the icon to view the cart in the header, it tries to load it behind the actual content so you can not see anything.

Please look here: https://www.rwfloats.co.uk

I have tried to alter the CSS but cannot get it to work. The colour of the box are dark as well and not the same as on the desktop. When you put your mouse over the basket icon on desktop the dropdown shows you a nice basket with white background and readable text, on mobile it is dark and does not show anything.

Please help.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please disable the maintenance mode or create us an account, so we can test it?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

zimmo
    Participant

See the private message with the login details.

Shufflehound

Thank you!

Well, the dropdown shouldn’t be even visible on mobile devices as mobile devices don’t have a hover feature and should open the cart page instead (we are not sure why it is even visible). We created a custom CSS, so you can hide it completely on the mobile devices:

.sh-header-mobile .sh-nav-cart ul.sub-menu {
        display: none!important;
    }

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

zimmo
    Participant

Thanks for that, that has got rid of that dropdown, but there must be a bug in your theme then if it is showing. I have used that custom code to remove it now though.

The problem also is the basket is not clickable, so they cannot view their cart. I have tried on my mobile phone and when you click the basket it will not link through to the shopping cart, you have to keep clicking in the area where the icon and number (showing how many in cart) and eventually it links through to the basket. It is as though the clickable link is a pixel in size and when you click the basket eventually your finger finds the active link area.

This was what was reported by customers, saying that when they click the basket it does nothing. Its not just one person that has reported this but many customers.

So, how can they get to the shopping cart if this does not work. What can we do to fix this issue, I would rather it not have the number and have a bigger clickable active link area so they go straight to the basket.

zimmo
    Participant

Any chance you can look at this problem, as on the mobile it is causing big problems as customers who cannot click the basket have no way or purchasing products?

Shufflehound

That is great!

We might have some ideas, but can you please give us access to the theme settings, so we can make some tests? We currently can’t access them.

zimmo
    Participant

I have updated the role, so you can edit the theme settings now, please can you test these out asap.

Shufflehound

We added some tweaks to the theme settings.

Can you please test it now?

zimmo
    Participant

Fantastic, it looks like it is now working. If we have any problems with customers reporting anything, I will update the thread. Thank you for sorting this out 🙂

Shufflehound

You are welcome! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)