not able to display a basic gallery - 1column

Home Forums Gillion Theme not able to display a basic gallery – 1column

Home Forums Gillion Theme not able to display a basic gallery – 1column

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
  • narcis
    Participant

Hi, I need to create a basic gallery – 1 column, photos displayed one below the other, full size. Whatever I chose, the theme won’t let me display that, even if I go Add Media – Create Gallery – 1 column, full size. It’s just a grid with 3 columns with square, heavily distorted thumbnails

This is essential for my photography blog – without it, the theme is no use for me.

Thank you!

Hi @narcis,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

even if I go Add Media – Create Gallery – 1 column, full size. It’s just a grid with 3 columns with square, heavily distorted thumbnails

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

narcis
    Participant

Hi there,

Yesterday I replied via email – I hope that’s ok.

Thank you!

I am not sure on which email you have replied as I didn’t get it.

You can also share it here privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”

narcis
    Participant

Can you please check your spam? I just replied to the second one. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you don’t want to share it here privately as described above then please send it on [email protected]

narcis
    Participant

Hi there, sent it yesterday – hope it’s ok.

Thanks!

I got your email.

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.post-content-gallery.columns1 .post-content-gallery-item {
        clear: both;
        position: static !important;
        display: table !important;
        margin: 10px auto;
    }

.post-content-gallery.columns1 .post-content-gallery-item  img {
        position: static !important;
        margin: 0 !important;
    }

.post-content-gallery.columns1 {
        height: auto !important;
    }

narcis
    Participant

Hi, since my messages sent to support2@ are ignored for a few good days, I ‘ll list my issues here:

• I got a CSS code from you to be able to display photos in a 1 column “full-size” – the problem is that the pictures look horrific quality-wise – to say they’re not sharp is an understatement, unless I click on them, the Lightbox opens and they’re displayed looking good. Why is that? Is there some xtra compression from the theme??

• On hover over the images, there’s a dim – why? I don’t want any effects-I just want to be able to display a gallery as basic as it gets

• related: when you click on a photo, Lightbox opens – how can I disable it? I just want the pictures to be displayed in a scroll-down manner, with no effects! WordPress letțs me choose what happens when you click the images – link to url, link to attachment, none – why is the theme limiting this, giving me NO option and forcing to open a lightbox?

• I have no way to resize the width of the blog! Even if I choose the ”no-sidebar” post display, it just hides the sidebar, leaving an empty space instead, which is ridiculous – the main column should fill that space – it does in any theme I’ve ever worked with! The post remains at the same width, just off to one side!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by narcis.

Hi, since my messages sent to support2@ are ignored for a few good days, I ‘ll list my issues here:

We don’t provide any support on email but on this support forum and don’t frequently read our emails.

• I got a CSS code from you to be able to display photos in a 1 column “full-size” – the problem is that the pictures look horrific quality-wise – to say they’re not sharp is an understatement, unless I click on them, the Lightbox opens and they’re displayed looking good. Why is that? Is there some xtra compression from the theme??

No, the theme doesn’t compress the images.

• On hover over the images, there’s a dim – why? I don’t want any effects-I just want to be able to display a gallery as basic as it gets

• related: when you click on a photo, Lightbox opens – how can I disable it? I just want the pictures to be displayed in a scroll-down manner, with no effects! WordPress letțs me choose what happens when you click the images – link to url, link to attachment, none – why is the theme limiting this, giving me NO option and forcing to open a lightbox?

• I have no way to resize the width of the blog! Even if I choose the ”no-sidebar” post display, it just hides the sidebar, leaving an empty space instead, which is ridiculous – the main column should fill that space – it does in any theme I’ve ever worked with! The post remains at the same width, just off to one side!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

To troubleshoot the things, we need to access the page on your site where it is displaying.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying?

You can also share it here privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”

narcis
    Participant

My site is under construction, so there’s no public url – would you like me to give you an tempo admin username/pass?

Yes, please give me temporarily your site admin access and share your site URL.

narcis
    Participant

Hi, did you get my message from two days ago – sent on private information field?

No, I didn’t get it.

I am not sure why don’t you share it here privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

narcis
    Participant

I did just that. I’m not sure why are you not getting it and plus why don’t you have a proper support system so we can exchange an email conversation or any kind of one-on-one (not public) discussion  – you’re treating it individually anyways, right? I find the support system very slow and annoying.

Here, I’ll put the credentials in the private field below

You can get the support one to one in this support forum as we are doing in this topic but I requested you access much time which I didn’t get so it becomes hard for me to help you.

Now I can see your site access in the red private box shared above and you can also see it but earlier it was not shared.

The messages shared in the red private box are private and only visible and accessible to me & you and nobody else including search engine can access it.

The partial URL that you have shared is not accessible for me and I am getting the error “This site can’t be reached” so please share the full exact URL of your site and make sure that it is accessible.

narcis
    Participant

full link below – I checked in incognito window and it works

Thanks!

The shared URLs are not accessible for me and I am getting an error message as shown in the attached screenshot.

Alternatively, could you please share me the screenshots of the issues that you have reported above so that I can understand them?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

narcis
    Participant

PLs check the info in the private field

Thanks

I am still getting the same error.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)