Open portfolio custom url in new tab

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Open portfolio custom url in new tab

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Open portfolio custom url in new tab

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • enylund
    Participant

Hello!

In some of my portfolio projects I have added a custom link, which I would like to open in a new tab. Is there a way to add <target=”_blank”> after the url?

See attached image.

/Erik

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Erik,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Is it external URL?

If yes then you can try using following solutions to achieve it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-external-links/

http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-open-external-links-in-a-new-window-in-wordpress/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

enylund
    Participant

Hello!

Yes, it is external URL. I installed both suggested plugins but unfortunately none of them works. At least not for portfolio links.

Regards,

Erik

In your shared screenshot i can see you have added external URL in the Custom URL field instead of URL field so that the user will be redirected to that URL when he tries to access your portfolio page.

Did you do this mistakenly or this is what you want to use?

enylund
    Participant

Hello! I want the user to be directed to the external url by clicking on the link-symbol, see attachment. If I add the url in the “URL”-field that will not happen. So I have to paste the url in the “Custom URL”-field.

/Erik

Attachments:

Please try adding that in the URL field and then use the above shared plugins.

If it doesn’t work then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying and tell me which URLs you want to open in new tab so that i can help you to achieve it by developing custom code?

enylund
    Participant

I already tried adding the url in the “URL”-field, but when clicking on the linksymbol in that case I don´t get redirected to the url, instead I get to the portfolio page.

What I want is to get redirected directly to the external url by clicking on the linksymbol. That works, but it doesen´t open in a new tab.

/Erik

Then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying and tell me which URLs you want to open in new tab so that i can help you to achieve it by developing custom code?

enylund
    Participant

That would be nice!

The url:s I want to be opened in new tabs are basicly the external ones, which could be found by going to my webpage:

http://eriknylund.se/

And after that choose the tag “Interactive”, and open them by clicking the link symbol.

/Erik

Solution for this topic

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Attachments:

enylund
    Participant

Now it works exactly how I want it. I really appreciate your help, thank you so much!

/Erik

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)