Portfolio Grid - under settings, says 'select categories' but no way to do so

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Portfolio Grid – under settings, says 'select categories' but no way to do so

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Portfolio Grid – under settings, says 'select categories' but no way to do so

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dalkat
    Participant

Hey folks – two questions!

1. I’ve got a portfolio module in WP Bakery and I’m trying to limit the posts it pulls to a specific category, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do so. There’s a text box and then a ‘select categories’ text, but they don’t do anything when I type in the category.
    2. I want three portfolio blocks side by side, so I’ve selected three columns. However, the third block jumps down to the second line, even though there’s room for it on the first line. What’s happening?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @dalkat,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I’ve got a portfolio module in WP Bakery and I’m trying to limit the posts it pulls to a specific category, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do so. There’s a text box and then a ‘select categories’ text, but they don’t do anything when I type in the category.

You have to add category slug in that text box manually.

I want three portfolio blocks side by side, so I’ve selected three columns. However, the third block jumps down to the second line, even though there’s room for it on the first line. What’s happening?

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

The link is loganyonavjak.com – you can see where the 3rd portfolio item jumps onto a second line. It’s currently set on ‘coming soon’ mode so let me know when you’re ready to view it and i’ll remove that.

I tried adding the portfolio slug manually and it still drew upon other items in different portfolios.

dalkat
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot. You will see that there’s an empty space in the third column where the third icon is supposed to be, and you will see that the portfolio didn’t draw upon the correct category.

And one more question:

I am using company logos for the portfolio tiles so that the format is: company logo, project description. I want the tile item image to have a shorter height so that long logos could fit without blowing up. Is there a way to do this?

Attachments:

The link is loganyonavjak.com – you can see where the 3rd portfolio item jumps onto a second line. It’s currently set on ‘coming soon’ mode so let me know when you’re ready to view it and i’ll remove that.

Please temporarily disable the ‘coming soon’ mode so that I can access your site.

I tried adding the portfolio slug manually and it still drew upon other items in different portfolios.

Could you please share me the screenshots of them so that I can troubleshoot it?

Also please try using their name.

I am using company logos for the portfolio tiles so that the format is: company logo, project description. I want the tile item image to have a shorter height so that long logos could fit without blowing up. Is there a way to do this?

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create a new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you with your new thread.

dalkat
    Participant

Hi it has been disabled please look now https://loganyonavjak.com/

dalkat
    Participant

Here are the portfolio slugs

Attachments:

Have you tried its name such as “Client Work Portfolio”?

I want three portfolio blocks side by side, so I’ve selected three columns. However, the third block jumps down to the second line, even though there’s room for it on the first line. What’s happening?

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .sh-portfolio-layout-grid .sh-portfolio-item {
        margin: 15px 0 15px -4px;
    }

dalkat
    Participant

Thanks, the custom CSS solved that issue.

Regarding categories, yes I did try to use the full portfolio name and it still didn’t work. I also tried doing #portfolio and that didn’t work. This is very important for our site, let me know how to fix this!

Regarding categories, yes I did try to use the full portfolio name and it still didn’t work. I also tried doing #portfolio and that didn’t work. This is very important for our site, let me know how to fix this!

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using the latest version of Jevelin theme as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Also, please tell me exactly where on your site you are displaying the portfolio.

Attachments:

dalkat
    Participant

Sure thing – it is on my homepage.

Details below.

I logged into your shared site but I don’t see anything on your site homepage but just this password required form as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Attachments:

dalkat
    Participant

Sorry I figured you could see it with my login info. Password for page is hidden below.

I accessed your site and saw it is working fine as shown in the attached screenshots.

Please advise.

Attachments:

dalkat
    Participant

Hi – it is not, it is only because I sorted by date that the correct tiles are showing up. It was my quick fix 😉

however i want a permanent fix  so it’s not dependent on manually sorting by date.

to test this, you can try previewing a version where you sort it by title (please do not save, just preview)

After troubleshooting it more, I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

dalkat
    Participant

Thank you. When will the issue be fixed by the developer?

We don’t have any ETA yet but we will update you here after fixing it.

dalkat
    Participant

any update?  it’s been almost 10 days thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)