Prevent a post from showing on home page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Prevent a post from showing on home page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Prevent a post from showing on home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • vinesofvirginia
    Participant

Hello!

I would like to know if there is a way to prevent an active post from showing up on the home page?

https://www.foodandwinechronicles.com

The scenario:

I have page that is going to list different photos of food items (see attached), and each of those photos will link to a post where the recipe is published along with other info.

I need the recipe post page to be active so viewers can access it (via going through the link only), but I do not want the page to show up on my home page as a post.

I hope this makes since. I know I can just create a regular page, but I was hoping to avoid having so many pages, as there are several recipes. I am hoping there is some code you can offer that will prevent the post from appearing in the homepage list

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @vinesofvirginia,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can edit your home page and configure it to display posts of the specific category as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

vinesofvirginia
    Participant

I don’t have those options.

Attachments:

You have to edit the home page then you will get the options in the page edit screen.

vinesofvirginia
    Participant

I sorry, I don’t understand what you mean when you say I have to edit the home page. Can you be more specific?

Just click on the Home link as shown in the attached screenshot and you will get the options at the bottom of the page.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)