Project Gallery

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Project Gallery

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Project Gallery

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Hi there,

I use the “Project Gallery” to display additional pictures related to a specific portfolio.

I’ve noticed though that the images’ thumbs have to be clicked one by one in order to be displayed in the lightbox.

Is there a way to navigate them (i.e. with arrows) as it usually happens in pictures galleries?

Best,

Claudio Sinopoli

Hi Claudio,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Currently the theme doesn’t display arrows for Portfoliio gallery. We will add this in the future version of theme.

In the meanwhile instead of using Project Gallery you can use Image gallery element of page builder as displayed in the attached screenshot so that arrows will display in the lightbox.
    <div></div>
    Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!

The problem is that in the new portfolio edit page I can’t use the Visual Page Builder (please see screenshot attached). How can I activate it for Portfolio pages too?

Attachments:

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Hi there!

I found out how to activate the Visual Page Builder for Portfolios here.

I used it, as you shown in your screenshot, but the result is kind of weird: the elements i added (text and gallery) are shown in the sidebar on the right. As you can see below, they are larger than the sidebar so they’re cut out of the column.

The gallery icons are really big and there is a huge padding (100px) on top and bottom of the new added elements.

Attachments:

We can display it below the main portfolio image by developing custom CSS code so could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

We have released following latest version of theme implementing this feature so please update your theme to the latest version.

Please login to access this file

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Dear Support,

unfortunately I’m building my website on a local environment.

I downloaded & installed the latest version of the theme, but I can’t see any difference.

Can you please advise? thanks!

Solution for this topic

I used it, as you shown in your screenshot, but the result is kind of weird: the elements i added (text and gallery) are shown in the sidebar on the right. As you can see below, they are larger than the sidebar so they’re cut out of the column.

unfortunately I’m building my website on a local environment.

Please try setting Portfolio Layout to Gallery Slider as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Let me remark that I tried the Gallery layout already and it changes completely the layout of the Portfolio page. That’s what I want to avoid. In addition the slider crops pictures instead of adapting them to the format (see screenshots).

Beside that, it looks that there is nothing different in the Gallery layout from the previous Theme version since it works exactly as it was before.

Attachments:

Actually the theme developer made the changes in the latest theme version to navigate images using keyboard arrow keys but I request him to also display arrow in the popup to navigate images.

It will be implemented in the theme ASAP.

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

I hope it will happen soon, because it can be a simple but effective improvement in the user experience of the theme increasing its quality and value.

Please keep me posted if something changes.

Sure we will implement it soon and let you know here.

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve noticed that the 2nd theme update has been already released but the arrows for the portfolio in gallery mode (read above) are still missing.

Should I keep hoping that you will implement this feature soon?

This feature is not implemented yet and currently we don’t have any ETA for it.

If you need it urgently and if you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi there,

I deactivated the theme lightbox and used another lightbox including arrows instead.

Very simple.

If anybody needs to know how, please contact.

Thanks to support anyway.

Glad to hear that you achieved it.

bradleymills10
    Participant

I have the same issue. What plugin did you download in order to achieve gallery arrows on portfolio pages?

Brad

claudiosinopoli
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi Brad,

I used FooBox, but I think you can use any lightbox you like.

The trick is to replace the lightbox code in the portfolio page.

This is how you achieve that:

• go to /wp-content/themes/jevelin/framework-customizations/extensions/portfolio/views
    • copy single.php into your child theme under /wp-content/themes/jevelin-child/framework-customizations/extensions/portfolio/views
    • open single.php
    • find the following code (line 369 ca)
      title="<?php echo esc_attr( $portfolio_title ); ?>" rel="sh-lightbox[showcase]"
    • replace the old lightbox html with the new code.
      If you use FooBox the new line will look like
      title="<?php echo esc_attr( $portfolio_title ); ?>" class="foobox" rel="gallery"

That’s all.

@claudiosinopoli Thank you for helping in the forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)