Remove category page or link

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove category page or link

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove category page or link

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • denkhuis
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the link from the category (posts)? I would like the category title to appear throughout the site, but do not want to link/show the category page.

Your help is much appreciated, hope to hear from you soon.

Regards, andrea

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please share a link to a page where you want to remove it? That would help us to inspect your current website setup.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

denkhuis
    Participant

Hi team,

Herewith the links where we would like to remove it: both on the home, as well as the ‘praktijk’ page and all the posts.

Hope you can help us out. If you need more specific information like screenshots, please let me know.

Best regards,andrea

Shufflehound

Hello,

It seems that the page is built using the WPBakery page builder. For that specific element, there might be an option to disable the categories under the Styling tab. Could you please check that?

Best regards,

Shufflehound Team

denkhuis
    Participant

Hi,

Already searched for that option, but I do not want to remove the category… Just the link to the category page. Or if that is not possible, I would like to be able to remove (or not show) the footer from the category page. That is with the Gillion logo and colors.

Shufflehound

Oh, to remove the link, you would need to modify the theme files. This could be done using a child theme, but it would require modifying some PHP files.

We could create custom CSS for the category pages to hide the footer. Please send us a few example links where you want it hidden.

denkhuis
    Participant

Hi, modifying the theme files is beyond my skills, so that’s not the solution…

It is only one page all the links are linking to this page: https://denkhuis.nl/category/praktijk/
    I cannot find a way to modify this page… Or would it be an option to completely remove it? It is not of any use anyway…

denkhuis
    Participant

Hello,
    Do you have a solution for our issue mentioned above?

Shufflehound

Hello,

We’ve created a new CSS code that should help resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

.post-item.post-style-cover .post-categories {
        pointer-events: none;
    }

Please insert this code into the Gillion Settings and let us know if it makes a difference. 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound Team

denkhuis
    Participant

Great, that works, Thank you so much!

However, if you click through to the pages behind the blocks on the homepage. The link is still clickable on those pages, it is just above the title. For example on this one: https://denkhuis.nl/leiderschap-ontwikkelen/

Is it possible to remove the link there as well?

On the category page I managed to change all the possible color settings in the footer to #FFFFFF so now you don’t see it anymore. It’s not a real solution, but it works.

Looking forward to your message.

Shufflehound

That’s great!

We made some modifications to the previous code, so please try this:

.post-item .post-categories {
        pointer-events: none;
    }

Let us know if that fixes it. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Shufflehound.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Shufflehound.

denkhuis
    Participant

Hi team,

That’s the solution, thank you so very much for solving this issue 🙂

Shufflehound

You are welcome! 🙂

If it’s not too much trouble, we would greatly appreciate it if you could leave us a review on Themeforest. Your feedback would truly make our day!

denkhuis
    Participant

Hi,

It is not too much trouble and I will leave the review shortly. Have a nice day!

Shufflehound

Thank you, you too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)