removing broken link to simple line icons

Home Forums Jevelin Theme removing broken link to simple line icons

Home Forums Jevelin Theme removing broken link to simple line icons

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • davey1975
    Participant

hello,

We have a broken (missing) link to

wp-content/themes/Jevelin/fonts/Simple-Line-Icons.woff2

How can we remove all reference to this link within our site?

This is causing delays in loading for pagespeed and we would just like it to be removed.

Thanks,

D

Hi @davey1975,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Are you using the Simple Line Icons on your site?

Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

davey1975
    Participant

these are the two resources through GTMetrix that get called for and then cancelled, using precious time for loading.

I’ve attached the screenshot of the GT metrix waterfall.

Thanks,

D

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

This is not happening on my test site so as requested above could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

davey1975
    Participant

http://www.balanceplus.com

inspect the page and see three missing resources.

We would like to eliminate the code that calls for this on all relevant pages.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /wp-content/plugins/unyson/framework/static/libs/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2#1571316976:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /wp-content/plugins/unyson/framework/static/libs/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff#1571316976:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Thanks,

D

You are using an older version of the theme on your shared site so please update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Unyson plugin.

davey1975
    Participant

We are concerned that by updating the theme at this time it may cause some other plugins to have problems.

Is there another way to edit this call for the resource?

What file within the directory structure would have to be edited?

CSS file? php file?

Thanks,

D

We are concerned that by updating the theme at this time it may cause some other plugins to have problems.

It won’t cause any problem but for the precaution you can take a backup of your site so that if anything goes wrong then you can recover it.

Is there another way to edit this call for the resource?

What file within the directory structure would have to be edited?

CSS file? php file?

You have to edit the theme and plugin PHP files but this is not the best way as these changes will get overwritten when you will update them.

If you don’t update them then you will miss the bug fixes and enhancements added in the latest versions.

GeoffMorris
    Participant

I also have this same issue with these items affected page loading times. I have updated the theme to 4.8.3 and all plugins are also updated.

How can I resolve the issue?

davey1975
    Participant

Okay, what are the changes needed in the theme .php files?

thanks,

D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)