Revslider loading error following WP 5.0.0/Woo 3.5.1/Jevelin4.01 Updates

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Revslider loading error following WP 5.0.0/Woo 3.5.1/Jevelin4.01 Updates

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Revslider loading error following WP 5.0.0/Woo 3.5.1/Jevelin4.01 Updates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • ftahumour
    Participant

I have a slide warning errors issued when loading slide#1 of 2 in my shop_slider as supplied with the theme. The slides still load correctly, but Slide#1 is always preceded with the error as it loads the slide.

I have purchased a licence with ThemePunch direct to get support on the issue with the revslider. We have narrowed the cause down to 2 images used in slide#1. These are:

1. Frame.png (white border frame with round edges).
    2. sale.png (orange sale icon)

The errors that are being shown on screen for each image are:

Waring illegal string offset ‘height’ in /home/gkauthen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php on line 2106

Waring illegal string offset ‘width’ in /home/gkauthen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php on line 2107

Each image throws both lines, where if only 1 image is used in the slide, only 2 errors are shown. If both images are used 4 errors are shown, repeating the above, as per the attached screenshot.

The solution provided by the themepunch support is to create a copy slider and remove those two images from the slide, but this detracts from the design….

I would prefer not to drop those elements from the shop slider design. Please advise?

Kind regards

George

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi George,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The shared errors are generated from the plugin file /revslider/includes/output.class.php so it seems related to the plugin so didn’t plugin developer helped you to resolve the issue?

Or did they say it is related to theme file or anything else?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

ftahumour
    Participant

Hi,

I’m still working with the developer, although they are suggesting the issue is related to 2 images held in a folder called shop_slider, as shown in the attached screenshot.

It isn’t clear to me who provided this design element, Themepunch or Shufflehound. In any case, I’m not interested in assigning blame, I simply wish to solve the issue and move on.

So far we have narrowed it down to two images in that folder. The support guy @ Themepunch is asking me to upload the images again, but since they came as part of the theme, I do not have any source copies of those image files. My only option is to download the copies from the existing directory then upload again, but I’m not sure what this is likely to achieve. Attached are the problem images I have extracted from the directory….frame.png and sale.png.

I will attempt as requested, but would have been preferred to use a difference source for the images.

Regards

george

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I have also notified this to the theme developer so that he will look into this and if it is theme issue then resolve it in the future version of the theme.

ftahumour
    Participant

Hi,

just wanted to get back to you on this issue.

We have now solved the problem. The fix was to download the two images from the site, then re-upload them into the media library and assign them into the slider as new image layers.

Although Im still unsure why the issue occurred, it is possible that the images in the library were corrupted or modified unknowingly in some way to throw the PHP errors I showed earlier.

Thank you for the support and wishing you and the team a happy Christmas and NY celebrations!

George

Thank you for notifying us and we also wish you a happy Christmas!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)