scroll to page ID on Home page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme scroll to page ID on Home page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme scroll to page ID on Home page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • cheeks
    Participant

Hello. On my home page top bar menu, I have “about”. I would like to enable user to go straight to the About section on the Home page after clicking the top menu (About). I installed the plugin “scroll to page ID) — however because the home page was built using Unyson, I do not know where to place the tag, as the page is built in sections. You will see in the screen shot the plugin. I know how to do so on the default editor, but not Unyson.

So, I placed it placed it in the box Custom CSS code in the About section (Other tab). However it does not work. Please can you have a look and let me know the fix for this? Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @cheeks,

Thank you for your question.

You have to just set that section ID to about as shown in the attached screenshot which I did by logging in to your site.

Could you please confirm whether it’s working fine for you now?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

Hello. May I know which section you added “about” to the field ID Name? I am not sure which section you were referring to in the Screen shot. When I am on the Home Page and I click “About” in the top bar menu, it works fine, ie. it takes me to “About us” section on the Home page. However, say I am currently on Shop page, and click on “About” on the top bar menu, nothing happens. Can you tell me how to solve this problem? I want it to work such that no matter which page I am on, I can click “About” and be taken to the about us section on the home page? Please refer to this sample website which works the way I desire. So, when I am on the shop page of Chlorofeel, I am taken to the Home page when I click “about” on the top bar menu. Appreciate your help.

Solution for this topic

This is happening because you are using relative URL in the About menu item instead you should use absolute URL such as https://yoursite.com/#about

cheeks
    Participant

Hi there. I don’t understand what you mean. Can you be clearer? I would like to achieve per the site example of chlorofeelshop (https://www.thechlorofeelshop.com)

so that from wherever on the site that I click “about”, I am taken to the content “about us”, which sits on the Home Page. Can you show me how to do that please? Thanks.

Solution for this topic

Please see in the attached screenshot how I did it on your site.

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

hi there, yes I see what you have done now. However, can you tell me what I must do to achieve per the site example of chlorofeelshop (https://www.thechlorofeelshop.com)

so that from wherever on the site that I click “about”, I am taken to the content “about us”, which sits on the Home Page? I appreciate your patience as I am new to WordPress. Thank you.

cheeks
    Participant

To add on — I would still like to achieve:

1. When on the Home page and I click About, the page scrolls down to About us section.
    2. When on any other page, eg. Blog, and I want to read “about us” next and I click “About” on the top bar menu, I am taken to the About Us section on the home page.

The current settings do not allow me to achieve 1 and 2.

Thanks!

cheeks
    Participant

Oh! I’ve checked again and you have helped me to resolve. OK I understand now. very grateful for your help!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Manwel
    Participant

Hi Support,

I have a similar issue as the one reported here.

I have done exactly as you suggested by entering the URL http://www.mysite.com/#about-us in the Menu custom link and it works fine when I am on a different page than the home page one, then it reloads the home page and goes to the about-us section.

However when I am already on the home page, if I click on the about-us menu, I can see the website scrolling down to the relevant section, but also shortly after it reloads the whole page, which is not “smooth” and defeats the purpose of having a single page website.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed or is that a bug introduced recently?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)