social share buttons stopped working after updating post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme social share buttons stopped working after updating post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme social share buttons stopped working after updating post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • theathleteblog
    Participant

Hi there,

I seem to be having issues with sharing buttons on some of my blog posts.

After adding an image to an already published blog post (via WordPress app on an iPad) the Twitter, Email and Pinterest sharing buttons stopped working. In Chrome clicking on one of them opens a blank page, while on MS Edge simply nothing happens. Interestingly, Facebook sharing button continues to work. I cleared cache several times, ran database cleanup and tried to switch the post to draft and re-publish again – nothing seemed to work.

Is this a known issue? Can you help me out what’s causing the problem? Here’s one of the affected urls – https://theathleteblog.com/hiking-in-bavarian-alps/

Best regards,

Andrejs

Hi Andrejs,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please temporarily clear and deactivate the W3 Total Cache and autoptimize cache that you are using on your site?

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

theathleteblog
    Participant

Hi,

I did deactivate & reactivate plugins, but even without those the result was the same.

What I am getting now is an error when I inspect the page for graph.facebook.com ‘Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()’

Is that connected?

Best regards,

Andrejs

The cache plugins are still active on your website so could you please disable them so that I can troubleshoot the issue?

theathleteblog
    Participant

hi,

optimization plugins are now deactivated – you can troubleshoot.

Also, this happens only for several posts where I added the image via iPad. Remaining ones seem to be working fine (here’s an example), only these 3 that I’ve updated have problems:

post 1

post 2

post 3

best regards,

Andrejs

I could confirm the issue on your website.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

theathleteblog
    Participant

Hi,

please use the following data to login and let me know what was the issue

best regards,

Andrejs

Solution for this topic

I logged into your website and found out the Yoast SEO plugin is causing the problem as the issue gets resolved after deactivating the plugin.

I am not sure why this popular plugin is causing this issue. This may be due to some wrong plugin configuration.

Please contact the Yoast SEO plugin to resolve this.

theathleteblog
    Participant

thanks, I’ll reach out to Yoast to see if it’s a known issue.

Otherwise, I believe, I can duplicate those 3 posts, remove the old ones and change the permalinks for the new ones to make them seem as old.

thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Andrejs

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)