Threaded comments not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Threaded comments not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Threaded comments not working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • supporttester
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Just wondering why threaded comments is not working?

I want replies to go under the comments please.

In my wordpress setting the threaded comments is enabled and set to 5 nested levels.

Thank you

Hi @supporttester,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Jevelin theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Please make sure to use below latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

If it still doesn’t work for you then Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

supporttester
    Participant

I just updated the theme version. Still does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks

supporttester
    Participant

Ah so I am getting this message now:

Your theme (Jevelin Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

1. Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
    2. If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

supporttester
    Participant

Attached is my themes. I am using a child theme copy of jevelin where I make changes in custom code etc for little things.

Should I change the theme to parent jevelin and update that too?

Can I do this without making the theme live?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Your theme (Jevelin Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files.

Attached is my themes. I am using a child theme copy of jevelin where I make changes in custom code etc for little things.

This is a known thing which will be resolved ASAP in the future version of theme.

In the meanwhile you can just ignore this warning as the theme still works with the latest version of Woocommerce plugin without any issue and if you get any issue then feel free to ask us.

Should I change the theme to parent jevelin and update that too?

You don’t need to change the theme. Just update the parent Jevelin theme as described in the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Can I do this without making the theme live?

Yes

supporttester
    Participant

Thank you I installed the plugin and updated the theme.

The replies still do not seem to work

when I click reply on a comment it scrolls down a bit to the main comment box, and if I type something and submit it just appears as a new individual comment.

supporttester
    Participant

Ok so in fact I updated the parent theme with the plugin for updating via zip.

But the child theme version is 3.2 via jevelin dashboard (yet in the evato wp plugin it says 3.3)

I updated the child when on the jevelin dashboard in wordpress it said to update, I assumed it would update to the latest version?

And also in future should I only every update the parent theme, is there any need to update the child theme, or is it just a redirection to the parent theme?

Thanks for the help!

when I click reply on a comment it scrolls down a bit to the main comment box, and if I type something and submit it just appears as a new individual comment.

I posted test comment on your shared page but it seems it doesn’t display until you approve the comment.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

I updated the child when on the jevelin dashboard in wordpress it said to update, I assumed it would update to the latest version?

And also in future should I only every update the parent theme, is there any need to update the child theme, or is it just a redirection to the parent theme?

You don’t need to update the child theme and intention of child theme is to preserve its changes not to update it.

Please find more information about child theme in the below page.

http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

supporttester
    Participant

Sure thing, the details are below!

Solution for this topic

I logged into your shared site and confirmed the issue.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any or use following plugin to check it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/

supporttester
    Participant

Solution for this topic

It was indeed an issue with a plugin, thank you for the help.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)